Which university is the best ubi to study law at? (1 Viewer)

Which uni is best to study law at?

• University of Wollongong

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Uni of sydney

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Canberra uni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • uni of nsw

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • charles sturt

• sydney technology

• other

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

cheeky_panda

HSC
Hey all. I am intending on studying law when i finish the hsc but which uni would be the best? I live the the wollongong area, however am not sure that wollongong would offer me the opportnities that sydney or another would offer. What do you all think?

aud

HSC
By Sydney Technology, do you mean UTS? Sydney's known for being the best Uni to go to for Law... but I'm still desperate to do it at UTS :p

aud

HSC
I've got the UAIs... but still post them tomorrow, sorry, can't be bothered to move :D

As for the unis, you should have gone to a tertiary info day where all the unis promote themselves... and grabbed their info there, otherwise, I'd check out all their websites, which are listed on the main page of Bored - under Uni Info - or ring them.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'm hoping to go to ANU - the Australian National University down in Canberra. Cut-off is 95 and they are a Go8 uni.

adamj

Originally posted by cheeky_panda
yes i do mean uts

does anyone know the uai cutoffs and the pros and cons of some of the unis??
UTS has a range of cut-offs, they also have a plain LLB course, so you don't have to do combined law.

UTS is a good uni to study law at, it even has practical legal training.

adamj

Originally posted by aud
By Sydney Technology, do you mean UTS? Sydney's known for being the best Uni to go to for Law... but I'm still desperate to do it at UTS :p
Sydney Uni is Australia's first law school. It has more experience int he field of law, but I don't believe it provides a larger variety in undergrad compared to let's say UNSW. Postgrad is a different story though, I plan on pastgrads at USyd, there is a mass variety from criminology to health law.

adamj

Originally posted by Ziff
I'm hoping to go to ANU - the Australian National University down in Canberra. Cut-off is 95 and they are a Go8 uni.
ANU is the other uni that allows you to do an LLB by itself.

adamj

Have you all forgotten UWS???? UWS is a fast-pacing uni, and give it time, cut-offs will rise even higher. Law jumped higher at UWS than UNE and UOW.

UWS also has postgrad law training not to mention legal practice.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by adamj
Have you all forgotten UWS???? UWS is a fast-pacing uni, and give it time, cut-offs will rise even higher. Law jumped higher at UWS than UNE and UOW.

UWS also has postgrad law training not to mention legal practice.
that dosnt indicate anything....
uws has had a long history of violent fluctuations in its uai cutoffs. eg.

B Health Science/LLB in:
2002 96+
2003 90+, and then dis year it was 92-93 ish

whilst UOW law has been steady for the last 3 years i think?

oh yea, and uws has 33% of its graduates still looking for work!
UOW only has a mere 0% :D

cheeky_panda

HSC
Has the UOW got any positive aspects anyone knows of. i heard they have high employment rates. Also would studying in canberra open up my options more to politics than say UOW or Sydney?

adamj

Originally posted by Asquithian
UNSW
USYD
MELBOURNE
ANU
MONASH

i would consider the better law schools in Australia

UWS has a shocking unemployment rate ...33% of graduates remain unemployed after they graduate !!!
Despite that, UWS has one course in property development, I think, that has the lowest unemployment rate of any course in the country.

Also, the unis you have mentioned, whilst top in their field, do not have GDLP courses like UWS and UTS do.

adamj

WELL ACTUALLY THE NEWS!!!!

The best law school believe it or not is supposed to be Bond University on the Gold Coast.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ANU!

im here now and start lectures on monday and i reckon law is goin 2 kick ass here! it is just as good @ syd in my opinion and the cutoff is only 95 bcoz the uni is in canberra, anu has a great reputation overseas. from memory i think it was ranked in the top 50 uni's in the world, whereas the syd uni's werent... b4 ne1 flames me im not sure if thats true!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I'm another ANU fan :) my sister is doing arts law there

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We're going to A-N-U :D
We're going to A-N-U :D

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by cheeky_panda
Has the UOW got any positive aspects anyone knows of. i heard they have high employment rates. Also would studying in canberra open up my options more to politics than say UOW or Sydney?
0% of people studying law at UOW are seeking work........100% employment rate! :D and dont forget about the scenery and the free bbq's every tuesday held by the SRC for FREE all year round!!!!! :D
politics can be studied prolly anywhere if u combine law with arts i guess......
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)