Which upcoming movies do u want to see? (2 Viewers)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Um, yes they do. And if you do visit GoldDerby.

Posters who post similarly?

Hypothermia
Savior Complex
DivaBrigader
Big Ted
Jengilesbe
Ciski, etc etc.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
But hey, if I am coming off as Obnoxious, I'm not trying to be. Things and meanings are lost in text (lost in translation :) ). So I apologise if people feel threatened or offended by my language and posting trend.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
Um, yes they do. And if you do visit GoldDerby.

Posters who post similarly?

Hypothermia
Savior Complex
DivaBrigader
Big Ted
Jengilesbe
Ciski, etc etc.
No, I don't agree. But I can't be fucked going into an argument for something so stupid and petty.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
its not a competition to see who knows the most about every single movie ever made. You shouldnt assume that someone thinks they know everything because this is the internet and the tone of a post is not always what is intended. I have hardly noticed condescending tones and from what I can gather, the only hints that is making everyone write off Nate as an "arrogant fuck" or "knowitall" is the extensive details and facts that are included in the posts. It is information and he is sharing it for those who want to know.
See, the problem people have with it is that it seems like he is "sharing" his information for no real reason other than to show that he knows it. It comes off as "my taste in movies are more sophisticated than thou." Do you get what I'm saying? (< that's not meant to sound nasty) It's not just sometimes, it's every single post. I think he needs to accept that we're all a bunch of teenagers who just want to watch a movie that entertains us without feeling the need to know how many oscars it won or how critically acclaimed it is.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
See, the problem people have with it is that it seems like he is "sharing" his information for no real reason other than to show that he knows it. It comes off as "my taste in movies are more sophisticated than thou." Do you get what I'm saying? (< that's not meant to sound nasty) It's not just sometimes, it's every single post. I think he needs to accept that we're all a bunch of teenagers who just want to watch a movie that entertains us without feeling the need to know how many oscars it won or how critically acclaimed it is.

yes, i get what you are saying and maybe Nate's avid interest in the critical acclaim of certain movies IS a little overt sometimes (nate, even you have to admit this :p). But it all goes back to the fact that the tone of a post may make it seem to "come off" like something which was never intended. I blame the internet for this..smilies arent enough to show tone or mood :p lol

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't think it has anything much to do with tone of voice. "this movie won 3 of such and such an award and 4 of such and such, but I think it was robbed by whatsitsname for this award," how many different ways is there to say that?

but anyway, this is all petty and stupid. im going to leave it there.

stamos

sellout
HSC
My God, the tautology in that sentence! Anyway, if I know something about a film, i will share it - i have dedicated alot of my pasttimes to studying trends, films, politics behind films, etc by way you all know nothing about movies
Um, first of all - i didnt say that.
er, see above
If you didnt get Reality Bites, fine.
what was there to get? a script full of pseudo-intellectual banter that became the blueprint for the scriptwriters of dawson's creek? pffft
I dont think I have bad taste, nor do i think many at this forum do.
yeah you and the rest of bos are getting on like a house on fire :)

shereem

+ gothika
+ troy
+ van helsing
+ spongebob squarepants movie (don't think it's coming out for a while yet... but it's gunna kick some butty!)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I don't watch spongebob but the teaser was so quirky it made me interested.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Robert Altman's "The Company", Alexandro Gonzales Innauratu's "21 Grams", Clint Eastwood's "Mystic River" and Sofia Coppola's "Lost In Translation".
those were seriously the only 4 films you liked from last year? wow

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I hate elitists.

I was curious to see Godsend just for the basic premise, but on rotten tomatoes it had 3%. hahaha.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
those were seriously the only 4 films you liked from last year? wow
I really hated last year, nothing really was a WOW film for me. If i compare it to other years, well, it was pretty crap indeed.

jesshika

supreme being
1. The day after tomorrow
2. Shrek 2
3. Secret Window
4. the Butterfly efffect
5. Starsky and Hutch

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
I really hated last year, nothing really was a WOW film for me. If i compare it to other years, well, it was pretty crap indeed.
i'm just more amazed that you picked two of the most boring movies i've seen in my life. 21 grams just went on and on, the only reason that was successful was people wanted to appear smart by praising it. and mystic river was just so damn predictable

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhomo
i'm just more amazed that you picked two of the most boring movies i've seen in my life. 21 grams just went on and on, the only reason that was successful was people wanted to appear smart by praising it.
TESTIFY!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I liked 21 grams in that it was an interesting premise and well acted, but it was about 30 minutes too long I think. Definitely wouldn't call it a 'favourite'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)