which will be more stressful in the HSC year?? (1 Viewer)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
im thinking or dropping either economics or chemistry by the end of this year and considering picking up 4 unit maths. Which group below is considered more stressful to manage during HSC.
.........................................................................................
Maths 2-3 Unit
English Adv
Chem
Phys
Eco
Agriculture (compulsory)
Total : 13 units = offline morning classes at 7:45 ><
...........................................................................................
or:
Maths 4 unit
English Adv
Chem or Eco (dropping one)
Agriculture
Physics
Total: 12 units = no offline classes..
...........................................................................................
it may seem that having 12 units is easier, but im not sure how i can handle 4 unit...i enjoy maths and also fairly strong in it...but people always tell me it is extremely stress..which group is less stresfull then??

Pubert

HSC
I am doing very similar subjects as you.

-3unit maths
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Economics
-English Adv
-English EXT1

= 12units

I'm going to drop EXT english and take up 4unit maths. I was told to take up 4unit and not to pass up the offer if i think im going to get 80+ as it really scales up well.

So far chemistry has a far larger workload for me than economics and i find economics more interesting somehow :S If i were you i would most likely drop chem instead of economics, but i'm not you so i wouldn't know.

Good luck with your choices.

Ankita

HSC
im doing 14 units this yr

maths 3
english 3
phys
chem
bio( accelerated)
hindi (accelerated)

Although im giving hsc for 2 subjects this yr the workload isn't unbearable coz i love my subjects so it really depends on which 2 u like best between chem, eco and maths...although 4 unit maths scales high u have to do well at it, and no doubt u will because u like it and ur good at it!
The less subjects the better, but u gotta be happy with them!
Good luck :)

P

pLuvia

MX2, takes a lot of your study time in year 12 if you are willing to sacrifice like most of your time to both MX1 and MX2, then you should ok with the second option.

Depending on what you are doing in university, chemistry is a assumed knowledge subject for most science subjects, so think about that

Depending on how well you do at the end of preliminary, you may not even have the option of taking up MX2, so don't slack off in chemistry and economics.

I can't say which option is more stressful because it depends how effective your time management is

Good luck :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Damien, this should be an easy one for you. If you are determined to put the effort in ext 2 maths, then you should take up the second option. The offline courses don't seem to be working for you, so you shuld really consider doing ext 2 maths if you are up to it. And if you do, drop economics, I think you wanted to be a biomedical engineer right?

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
yeh i think thats it...but my the courses i wanna do include either commerce and science....

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Hmmm, if you want to do something in the science or commerce areas then I guess Chem (and/or eco) is the way to go as Pluvia's said before, it is assumed knowledge. But I guess, it is quite hard to tell now, so early in the year. Good luck with your choice later though :)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i recommend that u drop eco, taking the 2nd option. a lot of science courses at uni has a prerequisite to do chemistry.

also, chem + physics is a good sciency combination to work with, many concepts weave together in both subjects.

Raginsheep

HSC
Do 4u maths and drop the eco unless you're gonna top the state in that....then drop physics.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
i was thinking that chem is much more harder than eco...and therefore having eco in the HSC year will be less stressful...but im not sure about this...because chemistry is kind of mathematical based, it might require more work in the HSC and im trying to minimise work...

P

pLuvia

drynxz said:
i was thinking that chem is much more harder than eco...and therefore having eco in the HSC year will be less stressful...but im not sure about this...because chemistry is kind of mathematical based, it might require more work in the HSC and im trying to minimise work...
Chemistry and economics are totally different subjects, you can't say which is harder. You might be more a commerce so that's why you find chemistry harder than economics or vice versa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)