Which? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Riet said:
Ford Focus? I hear they are actually quite decent.
NONONONONONOONONO

Shittiest thing I've driven.
Even an 80s Corolla drives better than a new Focus.

I'd assume he doesn't want to get a wrx or silvia due to insurance and maintainance.. basically excessive costs..

Too bad they dont make the Corolla Sportivo anymore.. they went pretty hard.. for a Corolla..

Other suggestions would depend on what you're looking for..

I'm surprised you never checked out the current model impreza before you considered buying it..

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Ciel, I have checked out the current model and I really like it, but the new model looksreally good and also it will be better if I wait for the new one for resale value etc, its is only a few weeks away. The subaru is really the only thing I like, the VW polo and golf are ok..ish they didn;t impress me as much, the imprezza is a real drivers car, which is waht I want, but comfy, like my current commie

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The lower models aren't the greatest drivers cars, seriously. AWD /= uber handling. It means more grip. Because subaru use a type of all wheel that is constantly giving torque to the front and rear there is a lot more strain on the transmissions. Older wrxs, up until they started sharing the STI tranny, were notorious for destroying clutches. My mate used to have a manual liberty (has a new, auto one now) and even a moderate launch made the clutch stink something awful. Try a 3 series or something, preferrably a six cylinder model. Now that is a drivers car.

mzduxx2006

HSC
Nashie said:
I am seriously considering trading in my commodore and getting a new car, i am tossibg between going for an awesome V8 SS ute and can get a 03model in my price range (under 30) or I am thinking about a brand new subaru imprezza 2.0i luxury hatch which is cheaper than the SS in up front cost, running costs and insurance (online quote for $3800 a year on SS)

Suggestions? I am leaning towards a new imprezza but I really like the idea of a V8 and at my age i can blame it on youthful stupidity when I look back at the huge expense!
Geez this is a no brainer.

I would go for the impreza on looks and the looks you will get from girls like me...HAHAHAHAH :D

but in the long run..... *sigh* Imprezas depreciate in value considerably so in the long run your best option is the V8 SS. But even then the V8 SS is a pretty good looking car. Besides you probly cant get the Impreza with turbo in it because if u are on ur red P's (which i assume you are), it is illegal based on the new laws implemented.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
He's on his fulls, why else would he be choosing between a V8 and a turbo. And I would've thought that the subaru would hold value more. :/

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
but in the long run..... *sigh* Imprezas depreciate in value considerably so in the long run your best option is the V8 SS. But even then the V8 SS is a pretty good looking car. Besides you probly cant get the Impreza with turbo in it because if u are on ur red P's (which i assume you are), it is illegal based on the new laws implemented.
1. Wrong. Impreza's hold their value more than a fucking Holden.
2. You do realise that it's illegal to drive a V8 too?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Azamakumar said:
I have an echo,

<3
I know. I just wanted her to realise she's a stupid slag that should get back in the kitchen ^___^

<3

CieL

HSC
Nashie said:
The subaru is really the only thing I like, the VW polo and golf are ok..ish they didn;t impress me as much, the imprezza is a real drivers car, which is waht I want, but comfy, like my current commie
Screw the Polo.. but it which Golf did you try? I've driven the mk4 Golf Sport around and found it pretty impressive for such a tiny thing. Rev-happy 2.0L engine and I wasn't complaining about grip when they came with stock continentals, so it was very happy to launch into corners. As expected from the Germans.. hardly any disturbance at high speeds.. even at 150 I felt like I could of been going 60 in an old v6 camry [those ones with the really really quiet engine].. mm.. never thought a Golf would do worse than an imprezza.. but I haven't had the chance to ever drive a Subaru yet..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)