• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

White Oleander (1 Viewer)

snot

yeah i watched the movie a tad strange with a dissapointing ending i must say. it did have me hooked then dropped me like a tonn of bricks, very dissapointed. but i didint know that there was a book whats that like. im kinda thinkin now that i might do that as a supplementery text for crime fiction....

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
I love White Oleander. Ingrid is such an interesting character. Some parts of the book was really striking.
Twenty names for tears - heartdew, griefhoney, sadwater . . .

kitty1

I saw the movie first then the book so i wasnt really disapointed cause the book gave me so much more detail into the characters

m1nx

HSC
I loved the book and surprisingly enough, I didn't mind the movie too much either. granted, i was stuck on a plane and it was the only other thing that was worth watching (I can't remember the other ones .... although I do remember there was this hilarious foreign movie on .... OH! it was maid in manhattan and rabbit proof fence.) it was a flight to malaysia too, so I ended up watching that thing about 3/4 times over. maybe it had something to do with the fact that I hadn't read the book in much too long, but i loved the suitcases at the end too.

Sasky

HSC
Hey - great topic H_I_am - I watched the movie awhile ago, I found the movie quite interesting, and hearing now that the book is much better am very disappoined that I haven't read it yet. But I love the Streep - she's such a talented actress - such a shocker in this one! Did the film actually follow the plot though - like characters, intro, conclusion?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hahaha meryl streep isnt in white oleander
think you're thinking of michelle pfieffer

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
i havent read the book, but i have seen the movie and i didnt like it that much.. it just.. didnt do it for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)