who Actually likes english? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Find it quite interesting at times. Don't like it at other times (usually just before an exam, or after the teacher has piled us with three essays for the weekend).

ForbiddenND

HSC
i absolutely hated english like i mean like jig hate it. now that ive changed schools its not that bad, so try to change teachers if you hate it now.

ms_purplez

HSC
English is awesome.
i think people who dislike it obviously dont do well in the subject, thats why they dont like it. but if you get good marks why complain?

dp624

HSC
subject get a bit boring, tedious and annoying at times, but otherwise it's tolerable

Gerald10

HSC
Depends what texts your doing. In my HSC year I was doing texts I quite liked.

baraka003

HSC
fuckin english
im gunna fuckin here we go again all of you english is like sucking a fucking homosexual lance i would rather eat my own arse

P.T.F.E

HSC
hate it would drop it in a seconf\d flat if given the chance pointless.

ascentyx

HSC
Here is a better question. Who's male and actually likes english? It's pretty obvious females are going to like it, it's 'easy' for them lol.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I like it, plus I have a good teacher who makes it actually enjoyable.

@ascentyx- Most of my male friends are really really good at english so it's not really stereotypical of gender

hnsna

HSC
N/A
Reading english literature can be profound. Its lack of rigidity and openness to subjectivity is also quite likeable (with respect to the sciences of course).

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
fuckin english
im gunna fuckin here we go again all of you english is like sucking a fucking homosexual lance i would rather eat my own arse

"im gunna fucking here we go again"?
I'm guessing this hatred of English stems largely from your poor performance in it? Or perhaps your inability to comprehend it? Ever thought about doing ESL? Might be a bit more suitable for you...

Anyway, I'm finding the classes good this year, but the homework hard and overbearing. I don't know which outweighs the other in terms of my overall enjoyment of English, or whether they balance out to make me ambivalent about it. I'm really liking the lessons though, and I do get a certain sense of satisfaction out of finishing an essay, let alone doing well, so that probably means that, on the whole, my feelings towards the subject are positive.

So... I wouldn't drop it if I could.

Lukybear

HSC
For me its not whether english sucks, but rather that |sciences and math | > english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)