Who actually used a case study in 28/29? (1 Viewer)

yodles68

:mad: i hope i wasnt the only one that didnt
but it doesnt make sense, normally they wouldve said in the question: with reference to business you have studied.
so i figured that you didnt need one, but the fine print at the top suggests that you did
wtf!!

bex

HSC
The extended response quesion is always a case study... dont worry youre not alone... but last year the same hing happened too....

roo

HSC
half our grade didnt.

our top student didnt.

so in other words, our grade is fucked..!!!!

apparently our school is trying to gain some "alliances" to lodge an official complaint to the BOS about it. also the fact that the exam was way off the syllabus.

*sigh* finally the bullshit is over!

yodles68

the worst part is that i thought i did that section really good, and then come out and hear a few people talking about case studies!!:(
and if u need more people for the complaint im sure i could get about the whole of newington with you!

ben

ARGH! My answer is soo bad for 29. I listed the reasons for expanision i could remember... then I sort of "summarised" the cultural issues my global business (YES ... my case study) had to consider when expanding overseas.

SO CRAP!

Anyway - this isn't the FIRST time the board of studies has had a question then only put something in fine print at the top.

LOOK AT "ENGLISH PAPER 2 - MODULES 2001" ... for the "In the Wild" question they asked about the views of the tensions between blabla or something. In the fine print they said you need to talk about the CONTEXT of both texts... but nobody knew that - and in order to get band 6 you need to discuss in detail context.

ben

Originally posted by roo
also the fact that the exam was way off the syllabus.
WAS IT?

Whilst the paper definitely seemed to focus on very narrow aspects of the syallabus - i still think all the stuff in the exam was in the syallabus.

I just can't believe I wasted so much time learning all this stuff about you know Certified Agreements, AWAs, Industrial conflict, Change, and then the entire exams seems like its on ethics.

Scandrew

i didnt use a case study, studied them all night and then came into the test wondering from the question if i had to? i slightly mentioned examples but besides that i did. they didnt say it, i didnt do it.. :mad:

hscamper

HSC
i dont agrree with idea of forming an "alliance".. the instructions are there to be read and thats what should b done before answering the question... and id hardly call it fine print...
in saying that if u presented a coherent well structrued response to the question , i rekon u ll hav it over most ppl.. especially the ones who walked out half way thru :rolleyes:

BumWax

I think everything on the paper apart from the cash flow statement (Well thats what I called it anyway!) in the last short answer question, was in the syallbus..
(Correct me if I'm wrong, I often am)

As for Q29 I did use a case study (hypothetical pizzeria from Italy) but my knowledge of globalization isn't too hot, and in any case I don't imagine you'd be marked down too heavily for not using a case study! Ultimately they're testing your knowledge of globalization..

And I agree there was not enough emphasis on marketing. If I was in charge 20% of marks would be allocated to each subject, it still allows them to test very specific aspects but it seemed to me as though 50%+ of the exam was Employment Relations and Global Business, why?

p00_p00

Originally posted by hscamper
i dont agrree with idea of forming an "alliance".. the instructions are there to be read and thats what should b done before answering the question... and id hardly call it fine print...
in saying that if u presented a coherent well structrued response to the question , i rekon u ll hav it over most ppl.. especially the ones who walked out half way thru :rolleyes:

Exactly mate!

Honestly u guyz try 2 fight the BOS, theyll tell u 2 fuck off (but in a euphmisitc term) since it always has stressed the importance of the rubic! I think it was devious, but it was warrantted - as in they can do that. IF THEY DIDNT HAVE THE FINE PRINT AS U PPL LIKE 2 CALL IT, then u can complain, but they put it there - in the rubric which every1 is expected 2 read (u should cause it tells u wat the outcomes are), u really cant touch em. Just hope ur essay was red hot w/o the case study.

thedoktor69

I used Qantas

I wrote 6 pages and used Qantas as my case study for question 29. Which is what the question required. :(

yodles68

now that i think about it,
i didnt actually use a case study as such, but did make reference to a few companies (such as nike, sony and microsoft) throughout the report.

bex

HSC
My teacher, an HSC marker said that if you dont make references to case study/ ies, the most youcoud get for that was about a 12 because its notfully answering the question...

yodles68

oh well s### happens, i only made a very small reference, like a paragraph in total!DAMN!!!

instinct

it was so fucked
question 28, about some global trends, thats not in syllabus and its fucking impossible.
my tutor says she cant even do it and that the boardof studies are fucked upo

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
u should of read the rubric: its all in there.

i didnt read it.. or the question. I just assumed that u had to talk about Qantas

chanfky

Originally posted by instinct
it was so fucked
question 28, about some global trends, thats not in syllabus and its fucking impossible.
my tutor says she cant even do it and that the boardof studies are fucked upo
global trends IS in the syllabus
it's the first dot point in globalisation that says "Nature and trends"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)