Who allocates time for study? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Okay well frankly when I read all the posts here I get kind of scared. It seems as though everybody is incredibly focused on their studies and know exactly what they have to do to achieve a great mark. And here I am already struggling with getting the required assessments and studying for tests and regular homework done.

So does EVERYBODY here actually set aside time for studying for the sake of studying? Or are there people who are in the same boat as me? (Please say there are! Help calm my nerves!)

Or maybe I should seriously consider changing my study habits and actually fit in time for studying somehow, somewhere.

calfair

Banned
HSC
Never focused on my study, for me school time and school work is exactly that, for school.

With the exceptions of assignments, I don't do any work at home... unless like I have said before a few days out from exams where I will download other peoples topic notes for my subjects from BOS and revise them.

In year 12 I will do a lot more, but at the moment I don't need to, rank 1 in all subjects bar english where I am third is pretty good in a year with 190 people.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
krazedrealitii said:
Okay well frankly when I read all the posts here I get kind of scared. It seems as though everybody is incredibly focused on their studies and know exactly what they have to do to achieve a great mark. And here I am already struggling with getting the required assessments and studying for tests and regular homework done.

So does EVERYBODY here actually set aside time for studying for the sake of studying? Or are there people who are in the same boat as me? (Please say there are! Help calm my nerves!)

Or maybe I should seriously consider changing my study habits and actually fit in time for studying somehow, somewhere.
Don't worry - every group of regulars on BoS every year is an unbalanced representation of the majority. BoSers are usually quite a smart bunch of people who put in a hell of a lot of work *muffled laughter* to put on top of their natural intelligence.

You can only do as well as your best is, so don't worry too much about getting 100 or 99.** if you don't think you can get it. The best UAI is not necessarily the 100 or the 99, it is the one that gets you into the course you want.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
That's what's scary about BoS, everyone (well 80%+) seems to be of ample or high intelligence, and you're so pressured into being one of them.

But nah, i study when im bored, which is..well...never.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
to be honest, i dont find alot of people on these forums intelligent.

You shouldn't be pressured into being just like them. Everyone has their own way of studying - most study when they have to (prior to exam-periods).
If you are satisfied with how you're studying and you are earning marks you deserve, then i wouldn't stress over being just like people who do post here.

HSC
These people seem to also rank in say the top 10 in their school. I'm lucky to be ranked within the top 20. I am pretty happy with the cramming method I use now though, but I forget everything the moment I finish an exam, and that probably won't be very beneficial for the HSC.

But yeah I guess the cohort here doesn't exactly represent your average student.

Another question- 4 unit maths: aye or nay?

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
krazedrealitii said:
These people seem to also rank in say the top 10 in their school. I'm lucky to be ranked within the top 20. I am pretty happy with the cramming method I use now though, but I forget everything the moment I finish an exam, and that probably won't be very beneficial for the HSC.

But yeah I guess the cohort here doesn't exactly represent your average student.

you should be pleased to have a school ranked in the top 200. My school has lost its place since 2004...

@4U math - If you're doing really awesomely in 3U, give it a go. you can always drop it otherwise

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
i will study if i need to, like if i think i need to write something more or if i dont understand it, but other than that i just study a bit beofre exams. next yr i'll study more tho. but im still happy the way im going, last report i think i was in top 4 of everythin except eng, but then i came 2nd in that 2 weeks later.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I only study when I have to.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
krazedrealitii said:

Don't worry, people who put their school rankings on BOS are just desperate for attention and praise.

calfair

Banned
HSC
simonloo said:
Don't worry, people who put their school rankings on BOS are just desperate for attention and praise.
damn straight!

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
simonloo said:

....damn!

cccclaire

HSC
I do my homework and stuff.
I tend to do a lot of allocating time to study and spending that time doing other stuff and thinking 'i probably should be studying'

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
alez said:
i will study if i need to, like if i think i need to write something more or if i dont understand it, but other than that i just study a bit beofre exams. next yr i'll study more tho. but im still happy the way im going, last report i think i was in top 4 of everythin except eng, but then i came 2nd in that 2 weeks later.
omg ! thats so like me ! well im talking about your rankings and stuff .. but well .. my english marks aren't exactly improving .. ^^"

Le3sah

HSC
I study before exams only.
Yeah, I'm doing something about that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)