Who are the best teachers in Matrix Education? (1 Viewer)

RG11

HSC
Who are the best teachers at Matrix Education? (Strathfield)

Im currently in year 10 and plan on going there (strathfield) next year for chem,phys & possibly adv english. Could someone who currently does the preliminary course at Matrix please give some feedback? Currently i have a chemistry tutor but he barely explains the concepts (all he does is make me copy notes) and rushes through the course (in about 10 weeks i've "completed" the Chemical earth and Metals topic). I try to study the notes at home but for some parts it is too difficult to self study.

Also how do they teach English at Matrix? Do they actually give you feedback and help you understand or do you just have to listen to them lecture and grasp what you can?

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You do the exact same units as I did in Prelim.

2 topics in 10 weeks is a bit fast but it's not very fast.

I didn't go to Matrix but have heard (in general) good things abiut them.

sparedes1995

HSC
From experience, I think the best teacher for Chemistry (prelim/hsc) is Louise - she's VERY funny, makes lessons interesting and interactive, is INCREDIBLY knowledgeable (explains concepts REALLY well - if you don't understand something, don't hesitate to ask as she will take the time to carefully assist you in understanding the concepts) and will definitely help you to excel in school. In saying that, ALL the matrix teachers are very qualified and will provide you with a solid education - so I think that regardless of the teacher you get, provided that you listen well during class and put in the effort, you will do well!

Last edited:

nightweaver066

HSC
^ agreed. Louise is the best. I've also heard that Dr. Alexandra Yeung (i think that's her name) is also a very good chemistry teacher.

For physics, Derek, Murad & DJ are the best.

Don't go for English.

HSC
hey I've been to matrix for phys, adv eng and maths (because there was this 2 subject third subject free deal) and for physics the best teachers are probably DJ and Derek they're really committed to getting you understand the concepts. I liked DJ a lot better because he would take time outside of your matrix class to answer any questions from school or matrix. Keep in mind though that he may be intimidating at the start. For the prelim english course i didn't find it that helpful because we did different text and modules, and even when you gave in your homework it wasn't that useful because it related nothing to what I was learning at school but the good thing is the teacher gives you their email so you can harass them with marking school related work. However, for the HSC the eng adv course they have is a lot better because they separate you into the text you're learning and they give you a deeper understanding of belonging. Also to answer your question about do you have to just listen to their lecture, well yes. But the most important thing is to ask questions when you don't understand something even if the class is perhaps quiet and unresponsive (you can try to change classes if this happens). hope this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)