Who are the top 49 students in the 2010 HSC ?? (1 Viewer)

qantas

HSC
N/A
In 2010 there were 49 students who received the top ATAR of 99.95. 31 were Male. 18 were female. Who are they ?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I know of two males from here that achieved it, and one female friend I made in the Philosophy Distinction course also got 99.95.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
In 2010 there were 49 students who received the top ATAR of 99.95. 31 were Male. 18 were female. Who are they ?
ATARs are private - they aren't released openly at all. Even schools don't have access to people's atars.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I know the name of an Asian male from Ruse (I know, surprising huh). That's all I know though ^ apart from that guy up there, well done =d

dp624

HSC
i wonder how many 99.95s ruse had. last year i think they had seven? not sure though hm

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I know the name of an Asian male from Ruse (I know, surprising huh). That's all I know though ^ apart from that guy up there, well done =d
Thanks =)
And DP: I think Ruse had well over 10 .95's this year! (They had an animalistic grade)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This makes me want to laugh at that stupid Daily Telegraph Article that proclaimed girls were smarter than boys because they had more First in Courses. I'd say 31 boys to 18 is pretty defining.

Still, this measure is more accurate than that silly First in Course measurement article. Silly Jenny Dillon, Education Editor of the Daily (Faily?) Telegraph.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
This makes me want to laugh at that stupid Daily Telegraph Article that proclaimed girls were smarter than boys because they had more First in Courses. I'd say 31 boys to 18 is pretty defining.

Still, this measure is more accurate than that silly First in Course measurement article. Silly Jenny Dillon, Education Editor of the Daily (Faily?) Telegraph.
That was a stupid article, but this measure isn't great as well. After all, scaling for sciences and maths are awesome, areas where boys traditionally do well in - and scaling is of course important if you're talking about ATARs. (That's not to say all of the 99.95 are maths/science people of course)

speedofsound

HSC

It's a stupid argument all together. Period. No matter what statistics you use to spin it. There is no accurate measure for it, especially through the HSC.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
True, I said this particular measure is more accurate - in my opinion. In that scaling allows every subject to be measured to a common scale - so at least in that small little way - this measure can be 'standardised' somewhat. And of course when you're talking about 99.95-ers, you're talking about "the smartest" (and I use that term loosely) in the state.

So yes, it's an inaccurate measure - but it's better than what those so-called 'professional journalists' can come up with. Because they're more into sensationalism and getting a story written than reporting actual news.

It's a shame the Chaser isn't on anymore - I always was a fan of their very blatant mockery of so-called 'current affairs' programs and how they always vilified Asians and teenagers most notably for me (because I'm in both camps). =P

*sigh*

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
there are two who have posted on these forums

-isplicer -who we all know..
-mbashbro - (like 2 posts) who went to my school

edit: there are some others as well

Last edited:

NewiJapper

HSC
I don't think people who get 99.95 are the "smartest" in the state, I think it's better to label them as the people who "performed the best" in this years HSC.

Last edited:
HSC
I got 99.95
Eleven from James Ruse.
A couple from Baulko.

I also heard that adomad got 99.95 (?), but I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)