who can asses my final draft?? (1 Viewer)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
i have atlast finished with my essay, but i am not exactly sure if it is as it should be. I have had a number of opinions n what needs to be written in the essay and stuff.. and i guess i ended up doing something just how i felt it needs to be.. and now i think its not right. I did get my cousins and some friends to read it but they've got no clue about 'historiography or historical thesis'. I really want someone knowledgable to read it but i dont know where to find someone like that.
How have u guys doen uer final draft? would anyone know any special person who would be happy to help me out or something?

The essay is due in the second week back (i.e- last week of july) and i guess i really need to hurry up..
can anyone help???

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
well.. my history teacher is gonna be marking it.. so i aint sure if i shud show it to her in teh first place.. like she has been helpin me out and stuff.. but still..
and we are having 2 other teachers markin it.. and then they wud get all of their marks and then give us an average or something..
umm.. how do i attach it on this page?
or should i post it in the Ext History RESOURSES thingy??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Click on post reply and go to the bottom of the page to attach the document

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ok, first thing. Do not use capitalise a word after a comma :p ..."Kashmir Today, Who is Responsible?"

Edit: Still reading...

What is the first paragraph of the 2nd page supposed to be? It sounds like s synopsis..."The essay shall..." :confused:

It's 2850 words all up including the synopsis and foot-noting (which is quite extensive), so how many words is the actual essay?

Last edited:

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
eerr..
ok..
the first and the second paras are just like giving a brief introduction to the entire kashmir conflict as no one seems to know anything about it. and its just highlighting what the essays going to be on..

the total words are.. 2524. (24 words over the limit..) my teacher said it would be ok if it doesnt got over 2550 words. but i am worried about my footnotes. i dont know what i can delete coz it looks like everythings important.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
a) footnotes do not count towards the word limit
b) generally you're allowed +10% on the word limit, so dont worry about being a little bit over.
c) i'll look at your essay now :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
everything is important and I've seen more extensive foot-noting than that :p haha

It sounds good to me but I'll admit my judgement is not that good considering I have ABSOLUTELY NO clue whatsoever about your topic :(. The historiography and analysis of ocntext seems to be there though...

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
i added bolded critisism.

check footnoting, make it more uniform.

double space/1.5 line spacing.

uniform font.

i've attached my major work, note well how it is presented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)