Who cares? (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
I personally dont care about this subject. I did nothing all year and i mean literally nothing! I use my knowledge of Year 9 and 10 Computing Studies and IPT to get me through the subject. The teacher doesnt really teach, just sets assessments for that competencies shit, didnt do one! I still get my certificate, and to put the cherry on the cake i came first so i get a certificate in that subject as well (got 82 in both trial and half-yearly). This subject isnt going to count for my UAI, as I.T. is a category B course, and i received a mark of about 95 in accounting, scaled to about an 87 or so. Even if i came first i would get only 88, although i wouldnt it just shows how useless this exam is for me!

Anyone just do this course for the certificate II like me? Or are people relying on this subject to count!?!

nato4

HSC
so u don't think it is worth using for ur UAI just for the certificate...?

i was just wondering cos im doing it next year as well as Software D&D.....

CrashOveride

HSC
dont do IT, its shit

also im sure u can get band 6 if u got like 100% raw, i think its capped at like 92? how gay.

-Recoil-

Yeah the Cert II course is so basic and shit.. I hated every minute of it, but nevertheless it is possibly my best and unfortunately will be counting towards my UAI, no fucking way was I doing more than 10 units :p
Bring on the Master of IT! :D

lil_emm

HSC
nato4 said:
so u don't think it is worth using for ur UAI just for the certificate...?

i was just wondering cos im doing it next year as well as Software D&D.....

i dont think so. it is a good thing to have. I do all three courses in the HSC and they all have their tedious and easy bits but also the hard ones. IT can help you get the skills you need if you wanna follow a career in computers etc. they are worth it even if you want if for the UAI or the Certificate or both.

cHe^gUeVaRa

HSC
i agree IT was the biggest bludge.. when we got our assignments we did them then stuffed around till we got our next one how do you think i found this site???, it would have to be the easiest subject next to design and technology. the best part of IT would have to be work placement, and its that way i have secured a position in the It workplace. Pretty much gave me a headstart after school :)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
cHe^gUeVaRa said:
i agree IT was the biggest bludge.. when we got our assignments we did them then stuffed around till we got our next one
LOL, you guys actually worked on them!!!, when we got our assessments we continued to play games, browse the net etc and when they were due the teacher gave us an extension !!! ahaha :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)