Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
We've got it easy compared to a few decades ago. (Although i must admitt i do like what they had to do back then. Its a much better course comapred to the post-modern crap we learn today.)

1972 English HSC Paper

Last edited:
HSC
Wooz said:
Im doing othello right now in eng adv. so pm me if u need help

Im getting a 3000 word essay assignment for english extension in a few weeks :(
Thanx, i'll keep that in mind. :)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Pubert said:
I'm glad many people agree with me :p, not suprisingly.
I'm gonna go against the grain here and disagree with you. I actually quite like Adv English (for now I suppose :lol:) and writing stuff about poems is pretty fun. Of course I'm sure it'll grow more tedious as time goes on :sleep:
luce711 said:
doin othello nex...i fink im gonna die soon !!
english totallli SUX!~~!
I'm doing that now, it's okay, we watched the movie and bahaha, it's so rude. I had to cover my eyes and ears *cringes*

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
What's wrong with you m0ofin? Hit your head on a tree or something? >.<'''

lol just kidding :p Seriously though, these analyses are driving me nuts *pulls hair* I mean you just write the same old thing over and over again...how great :S Poetry is ok though. But not digging 100 miles underground for some ways of conveying meaning in some texts :S

HSC
Sadly I agree with you! I think I prefer maths because there is a definate right or wrong answer.

vizman

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Sadly I agree with you! I think I prefer maths because there is a definate right or wrong answer.
totally agree, english is too subjective for my personal liking

singhn

HSC
actually for me - adv english is fun! soz guys but like we are learning about identity and deconstructing poetry and one english lesson it was so much fun wif this definition game! *geek written on forehead*:wave:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
airie said:
What's wrong with you m0ofin? Hit your head on a tree or something? >.<'''

lol just kidding :p Seriously though, these analyses are driving me nuts *pulls hair* I mean you just write the same old thing over and over again...how great :S Poetry is ok though. But not digging 100 miles underground for some ways of conveying meaning in some texts :S
*gasp* I'm crazy! *looks for a tree* Nah, I wouldn't want to hurt the tree :p

Hmmm, yeah I guess after doing it week after week is a bit bleh but it's still quite fun :)

vizman said:
totally agree, english is too subjective for my personal liking
Ahaha, I personally like it because of its subjectivity. I don't mind either maths or english but it's cool how english respects different opinions, wait, does it? If it does, yay!

Ankita

HSC
wow....u ppl actually seem to be getting somewhere with advanced english....we are "critically analysing" picture books....or shud i say...ruining them!!!!!!! The most boring and useless subject so far....had an assessment today...no one had a clue what they were doing..lol..

airie

HSC
We're having an assessment TODAY. :( Ahh great. And it's in the last two periods. So a whole day of stressing and 'studying' (how do you ever study for English anyway??) awaits me ahead :S Techniques...what are there...me poor drained brain...

airie

HSC
I heard that the 07ers (that's us) would be the last oens doing Journeys. Is that true? Gee hopefully it won't be another fat chunk of analysis time...:S

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Ahaha, we got ours today, it's not an exam though. Three different pieces to be handed in in three consecutive weeks -_-"

And Airie, I've heard that too, my teacher said the next one is (or could be) Powers or something.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
airie said:
I heard that the 07ers (that's us) would be the last oens doing Journeys. Is that true? Gee hopefully it won't be another fat chunk of analysis time...:S
Yeah it's ture they extended the 2004-05 english syllabus area of study 'journeys' till 2007. Well at least we'll have a ton of resources and stardards from 04-06. Poor 2008's they get the new SC syllabus and they've got the new 08 english HSC syllabus ahead of them.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/journey_stimulus_06_07.pdf

Last edited:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Yep SoulSearcher I got Faro.

We never did that exam assessment you're talking about... we had one but it was a comprehension and later in the year.

Good luck everybody with your English assessments :)

D

dzzlng_07

singhn said:
actually for me - adv english is fun! soz guys but like we are learning about identity and deconstructing poetry and one english lesson it was so much fun wif this definition game! *geek written on forehead*:wave:
thats what im doing too.. TS elliot and modernism etc... so0o0o boring!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)