who did BAD? I mean not 99.95 or 98.25? i mean like 60s? (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
I did :(

any one else get a bad result?

some mates got

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
7th Sign said:
I did :(

any one else get a bad result?

some mates got

...then uni is probably not for you. Go out and get a job. Become a skilled worker of some kind. A plumber or an air conditioner installer. If you work hard you will happy and rich.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I had a guy come around to repair my dishwasher the other day. He charged $170 for 50 mins labour, so I'm considering dropping out of uni and becoming a dishwasher repairman.

I

icycloud

erawamai said:
...then uni is probably not for you. Go out and get a job. Become a skilled worker of some kind. A plumber or an air conditioner installer. If you work hard you will happy and rich.
That's a bit harsh!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
I had a guy come around to repair my dishwasher the other day. He charged $170 for 50 mins labour, so I'm considering dropping out of uni and becoming a dishwasher repairman.
If you work hard at a trade and are not afraid of some hands on labour a motza is to be made. Currently installing AC units is a big trade. Good pay rates and a constant stream of work.

BTW was that 170 just for labour or did it include parts?

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
icycloud said:
That's a bit harsh!
Why? It's the truth. Not everyone is made for university. Just because you don't make it into uni doesn't mean you cannot be happy and successful.

Last edited:

abhyash

HSC
goddamn it guys dont scare me. SAM predicted 49 for me but that doesnt mean i will lose hope. im tryin to get into a computing course that requires 55 in melbourne.

btw the UAI calculation system sucks if i actually did get 49 because i got 85/100 for gen maths and i feel proud of it

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
abhyash said:
goddamn it guys dont scare me. SAM predicted 49 for me but that doesnt mean i will lose hope. im tryin to get into a computing course that requires 55 in melbourne.

btw the UAI calculation system sucks if i actually did get 49 because i got 85/100 for gen maths and i feel proud of it
You do know UAIs are up, right?

SW0502

HSC
can i jus say that the SAM thing is the biggest bunch of crap ever i used it yesterday and it predicted me to be 89.95 whoaaaaaaaaa did i so not even get close to that! try more like 10 marks below that anyway i jus wanted to say dont ever it its evil!!!!!

syd17

HSC
erawamai said:
u dik. poor hsc results does not equate to uni not being right for you asshole :rolleyes:

TripleWordScore

HSC
Just a cheerful reminder- This is, infact, the end of the world if you got a low UAI, and it shall hover over your head and dictate your worth as a human being for the rest of your days.

HSC
hell i expected better, i can still go into uni, but the course i want has it at private colleges etc so yeah

hYperTrOphY

HSC
SW0502 said:
can i jus say that the SAM thing is the biggest bunch of crap ever i used it yesterday and it predicted me to be 89.95 whoaaaaaaaaa did i so not even get close to that! try more like 10 marks below that anyway i jus wanted to say dont ever it its evil!!!!!
If you used it yesterday you should be aware that SAM does not predict your UAI.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
syd17 said:
u dik. poor hsc results does not equate to uni not being right for you asshole :rolleyes:
Yes they do. Unless you repeat of course.

bfm's grlfriend

HSC
68 but im even happy... ive been accepted early to a couple of unis.. and i only need 60/65 for all the courses i applied for.

i was really only aiming to to do well in a couple of subjects.. and i did that.

but its a pretty bad mark aye.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have to agree with erawamai... not everyone should go in to uni, if you are out for money, and nothing but money I would actually say uni is not for you. Get a trade, work hard at it, put in the long hours... and you'll be laughing at the 50,000/year deskjob workers in 10 years time.

freaked

HSC
I got 48.8
Even though I did badly does not mean that I should not go to uni.
I am going through open foundation and I think telling someone that uni is not for them is a crock of shit.
Unless you know the persons situation and what they are capable of, don't say anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)