who did BAD? I mean not 99.95 or 98.25? i mean like 60s? (2 Viewers)

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
bfm's grlfriend said:
68 but im even happy... ive been accepted early to a couple of unis.. and i only need 60/65 for all the courses i applied for.
I got 68.55, only cause of god damn English, Im predicting a result of about 30 in my HSC, I went pretty good in all my other subjects, Im also still happy as I already got offered to CSU, but still, death to English!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well yes, fair enough... but people that have been through ALOT have been able to achieve 60's, 70's... university is like a never-ending hsc, if you couldn't handle it before you'd want to be very confident you can handle it again.

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
freaked said:
I got 48.8
Even though I did badly does not mean that I should not go to uni.
I am going through open foundation and I think telling someone that uni is not for them is a crock of shit.
Unless you know the persons situation and what they are capable of, don't say anything.
Stick it to the man!!

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well yes, fair enough... but people that have been through ALOT have been able to achieve 60's, 70's... university is like a never-ending hsc, if you couldn't handle it before you'd want to be very confident you can handle it again.
I really liked the HSC, I only hate english, so for me, uni is like heaven on earth...:D

freaked

HSC
Each person is different and just because certain individuals went through 'A LOT' and managed a UAI between 60 and 70 does not mean that others can do the same. especially since going through 'A LOT' could mean absolutley anything and what is considered a lot to you may mean nothing to another.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
At this point, if you wanted to go to uni... I would be suggesting re-taking the hsc at tafe, and working your arse off... or doing a course at tafe, and working your arse off, to gain entrance to university.

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
I say do what you wanna do, and dont try to let people tell you waht to do, I understand what Not-That-Bright is saying, but I also understand that retaking the HSC just isnt an option for some people, If you believe you can do it, then go for it and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

7th Sign

HSC
I have done the hsc I have passed, I dont see why people do it aggain...

I didnt make it in the course I want to get into maby I didnt work hard enough? maby I should have put in 1000 hours instead of 500 hours of studying? [not exact stdying figures probly like x10 of the real thing...:( ]

overall I think I will be going to tafe doing a advanced diploma course, trying to get some good marks then transfering into uni.

People who say I dont deserve to be in uni are full or shit...reason I missed out because my busio teacher screwd my internal marks hard! lost liek 5 uai points :(

life suck, mum hates me...fines due monday :(

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have done the hsc I have passed, I dont see why people do it aggain...
IMO it is easier for someone in your situation to make it into a uni course (at least one with a fairly high cut-off) via repeating the hsc than through tafe. However if you just missed out, tafe would be the go.

7th Sign

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
IMO it is easier for someone in your situation to make it into a uni course (at least one with a fairly high cut-off) via repeating the hsc than through tafe. However if you just missed out, tafe would be the go.

yeha i missed out on my courses by like 4-9 uai points, people who say oh you should be a labourer are screwd...

I can probly still make like 2 uni pref's but I dont want to do IT in uni.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Not-That-Bright: Yeah, cheers, that's true.

7th: Dude ur wat? 18 years old? Take control of your life, get into IT, take the opportunity to do well and transfer, or take the Tafe option. You have doors open in front of you, FUCK WHAT PEOPLE SAY! IT'S UR UAI! UR LIFE!!! Not your teachers, not your parents. Chill out, let this UAI gunk pass, give urself a week or so and then decide whats goin on in ur world. All the best mate, all the best

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yeha i missed out on my courses by like 4-9 uai points, people who say oh you should be a labourer are screwd...

I can probly still make like 2 uni pref's but I dont want to do IT in uni.
If you were planning on going to uws, you only need a grade average of above credit... >65 average, to be granted access into any course at uws.

So if you were planning on going to uws and can get into any course, it might be worth your time to just do that course for half a year, get above a credit average, and switch to what you want. (I don't think this will apply to medicine).

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
...then uni is probably not for you. Go out and get a job. Become a skilled worker of some kind. A plumber or an air conditioner installer. If you work hard you will happy and rich.
He's right you know. Plumbers and Private Contractors (some of em) earn more than doctors ever will.. Having said that, these new IR laws WILL f*ck people with no/little skills in the future. I'd say you'd have to make your own businesses or something..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
He's right you know. Plumbers and Private Contractors (some of em) earn more than doctors ever will.. Having said that, these new IR laws WILL f*ck people with no/little skills in the future. I'd say you'd have to make your own businesses or something..
It's alot easier for a plumber to set up a plumbing business than it is for a doctor to set up a large private practice.

I don't think too many plumbers will end up being fucked over, most of them work for small companies, and if the small company doesn't pay them right they will tell the boss to fuck off and walk out the door, start up their own business.

darkroomgirl

HSC
My boyfriend got 58 and he's still happy with that (he was a victim of scaling, he got mostly Band 4s, oh well)... combined with his really good RET test results from UWS, he could get into what he always wanted - UWS Nursing. I don't see any reason why that dream would be less merited than others just cause he got a lower UAI.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh no, what i mean by >65 is >65 average mark at university... or greater than a 5.0 gpa.

If you want, you can sign up for some course at uws.... work hard at it for half a year, get a gpa above 5.0, and pwn.

texta83

HSC
erawamai said:
...then uni is probably not for you. Go out and get a job. Become a skilled worker of some kind. A plumber or an air conditioner installer. If you work hard you will happy and rich.
I was reading over the thread and couldn't help but notice how stupid this statement was. When I did my HSC i got a UAI of 64. Just enough to get me into that so called bad uni UWS. I finished my degree this year with an average mark of 80 (which is not easy to get at uni). And for those of you who say, yes but UWS is crap, you should now that I have received letters/emails from UNSW, Usyd and ANU to enrol in their honours programme with full scholarships.

My point is good UAI does not equal good at uni. Bad UAI does not equal bad at uni. If you try as hard as you can and have half a brain you will do good at anything you choose. Remember that around 60% of first year students drop out of uni, a large portion of which had excellent UAIs.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
sooo many people from my school did shit!!!

not fair

our school is pretty smart aswell :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)