who did BAD? I mean not 99.95 or 98.25? i mean like 60s? (1 Viewer)

positive

HSC
It seems it doesn't start balancing out until your marks start reaching the 80 area. What I mean is that marks between 60-80 = scaled down. 80-90 start balancing and 90+ onwards scale upwards. Of course you also have to take into account the subjects you done.

88 gen maths (crap subject)
79 modern his
84 ancient his
80 advanced english
76 business studies (doesn't count)
81 ipt

And my UAI is 80.10

nedzelic

HSC
SW0502 said:
can i jus say that the SAM thing is the biggest bunch of crap ever i used it yesterday and it predicted me to be 89.95 whoaaaaaaaaa did i so not even get close to that! try more like 10 marks below that anyway i jus wanted to say dont ever it its evil!!!!!

no where does it claim to be accurate. it is baed on last years scores. it's not the fukcing delphic oracle

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Lundy said:
Academic Programme:
english standard, general maths, IT(vet), IPT, PD/H/PE, SOR 1

Yeah, low scaling subjects = ouch. You should be happy with your individual marks anyway.
yes i am, i only got it out of interest anyway, i have no plans of uni until after 21 since i want to go to uni with a better idea of what to do

Pro Gamer

HSC
spillargroove said:
I got 68.70 and it was devastating for me. Not really shell-shocked but more really dissapointed. I'm one of the students who should achieve high. But I guess I did not put enough effort. My mum is really dissapointed and she doesn't even know what to tell her friends with their kids achieving high. She even said to me, "Whilst I was shopping, I heard a few parents talking about their kid getting high 80's" and then she said, "I think my son will have enough" in her mind.

It really gives me the incentive to work harder to prove I'm worth something to her.
Wow, I got a uai slightly lower than yours, and I havnt told my mum yet, simply because she will be ashamed, like the situation you just described.

spillargroove

HSC
My main aim was 92.70. If I got over 83, I would be quite happy and I could transfer if I wanted to. I'm sick and tired over this asian stereotypical view of every child having to get over 90. If some kid got high 80s, they would still feel ashamed. My mum had to lie to my dad just now. She said I got 89. I overheard the convo and he over-crictised and swore. He added, "My friend's kid got 95 and was telling me about it."

I never saw myself leading a high academic life anyway. They just wanted to see I got a high uai.

Fcuk of course it's my fault for not doing well enough but they make it like the end of the world. Even if I went to TAFE and got into Uni, they would still feel ashamed because I did not make it in naturally. God, I don't know about a friend of mine who got lower than me. He's chinese and suppose to get high 80, low 90s...

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
man I had a lot to live up to aswell...

sister got 97.90 or some shit in 2003 got a premiers arard and all this shit...
when I try and blame shit on my school because some teachers their suck hard,
my parents always say stupid shit like,

"oh your sister went to this school that means you should do well aswell"

"oh your sisters good in that you should be aswell"

My parents are not even ASIAN which is really sus because they have stupid goals for me like my mum thought I was going to get like 90 or something...

My dads kinda ok with my results now like he goes you did ok...but my mums full angry as said I never tried and all this shit and I can tell shes very pissed....

why are uai/hsc results soo fucked up making your parents hate you and shit lol...

oh well...

hipPo3

HSC
7th Sign said:
man I had a lot to live up to aswell...

sister got 97.90 or some shit in 2003 got a premiers arard and all this shit...
when I try and blame shit on my school because some teachers their suck hard,
my parents always say stupid shit like,
why are uai/hsc results soo fucked up making your parents hate you and shit lol...
Don't blame your teachers ... the syllabus had everything that you needed to study on.

UAI =/= Intelligence.
UAI == how much you work.

Say if you got into 50's, it means that you didn't work hard enough to get the marks, unlike someone who got in the 90's. I got 67.20 ... and yes .. i half-assed my whole HSC year, so i was expecting something shit. Universities want poeple that will work!!

7th Sign

HSC
hipPo3 said:
Don't blame your teachers ...

so your telling me I cant blame a teacher who cant even talk right.....

doesnt even turn up to class most days...

just sits their and mumbles when he is their..

this one business teacher totally sucked...

the other class with the good teacher all did good....every one in my class went bad like 60's, 70's...

cant blame this dickhead then who can I blame...he should not be on hsc classes he should be on year 7!!!!!!!!!!!

hipPo3

HSC
you know .. there is a syllabus. Everything you need to study is on this syllabus. It's your life mate ..

hipPo3

HSC
Also, what do you think Uni will be like ?

It's all about self-learning. If you don't realise that then Uni is not for you.

7th Sign

HSC
hipPo3 said:
you know .. there is a syllabus. Everything you need to study is on this syllabus. It's your life mate ..

you need a combination of the syllabus + a teacher helping you go through shit...

oh well its over I got 68 in busio which is shit....

hipPo3

HSC
7th Sign said:
you need a combination of the syllabus + a teacher helping you go through shit...
if it's written in english .. then you don't. Unless you're illiterate then yes but since you're on this forum i doubt it.

Suck it up and stop complaining. Theres plenty of ways to get into uni. I'm on the same boat as you .. but i did actually work for better scores in the 3 weeks before the HSC tests, my scores would have been alot lower.

kido525

HSC
Ye Olde St Nick said:
This thread is despicable, if "BAD" is 60's, imagine how this makes the retards who got < 30 feel.

LOL harsh words their

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
7th Sign said:
so your telling me I cant blame a teacher who cant even talk right.....

doesnt even turn up to class most days...

just sits their and mumbles when he is their..

this one business teacher totally sucked...

the other class with the good teacher all did good....every one in my class went bad like 60's, 70's...

cant blame this dickhead then who can I blame...he should not be on hsc classes he should be on year 7!!!!!!!!!!!
The teacher should be blamed for not doing his or her job, but you can't rely only on teachers. It's not smart to just sit back and bludge only because the teacher's not there. Your teacher isn't going to be affected by your UAI but you are, so do it for yourself, not for them. You should keep that in mind when you go to uni, because you're expected to work independently and voluntarily.

My Chemistry teacher is also the head teacher of the Science department, which meant her being away from class much of the time. She was not in class to finish the syllabus, and was absent before, during and after the trials. Nevertheless, three of the top four students (after trials) happened to be in her class. It just shows that it's possible to do it without teachers.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I think you're actually an idiot...

HSC Results correlating with Uni Performance?
I never said that. Read the post and perhaps the clarification afterwards. Reading is an important life skill. Exercise it.

Unless you actually disagree with what I said and believe that failure to make unviersity means you will live an awful life.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
people are stupid 7th, whoever told you 'uni is not for u' is a retard

60's can mean your smart but you just werent motivated or were lazy but you are capable

i got in 60's and i have a credit average at UWS, the USYD people may say 'lol thats still crap' but hey, do they know everything? no.
Not motivated, lazy but still capable?

Yeah, and in a few years it would be "I could have passed, I could have had a distinction. I was just lazy, but don't worry, I could have done it". It's generally fair to assume that the students who perform poorly in the HSC will do the same at uni. However, you can't say "uni isn't right for you" to them because it's not always the case.

If you choose a course you're geniunely interested in, or use your UAI as motivation to work harder, then once you're at uni you're really not disadvantaged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)