who did BAD? I mean not 99.95 or 98.25? i mean like 60s? (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jeepers. For the overexcited morons in this thread who have trouble reading.

I suggested that life isn't over if you don't get into uni and that there are plenty of other things you can do that will result in you having a happy and successful life.

This does not mean that BECAUSE you got a low uai you are unsuitable for university. While UAI is the best indicator the universities have for measuring ability it is not always correct.

University is not for everyone. Anyone that suggests that university is for everyone is living in a fantasy world of make believe.

If you didn't make it then it's not the end of the world. It's also not the end of the world if you take up a career in something that does not require a university education. I also never suggested that the reason why university is not for certain people is because of their low uai. You can have a high uai and be a failiure at university.

Last edited:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
people are stupid 7th, whoever told you 'uni is not for u' is a retard

60's can mean your smart but you just werent motivated or were lazy but you are capable

i got in 60's and i have a credit average at UWS, the USYD people may say 'lol thats still crap' but hey, do they know everything? no.

80's can mean you're smart but you just weren't motivated or were lazy but you are capable.

60's just means you tried your hardest and just couldn't make it work or you just didn't care.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
lol, believe me some teachers care about their students results more than u think!

My teacher tried to bribe us with a free dinner if out of our class of 4 at least 2 of us got a band 6, and 2 got a band 5.

lol... I guess she should have bribed us with cars or something!

Its not always that simple to understand things on ur own for specific subjects, for example Physics, its not all that easy to understand some concepts for example simultaneity, time dilation, etc etc... (even though those were my strong points)

not everyone has access to outside help such as tutors, and the syllabus doesnt always make complete sense to everyone for example when Physics starts looking like Arabic... there are a lot of situations which u need to take into consideration. Some schools dont offer a wide range of subjects (we only had about 10 subjects in school), and its not always as simple as changing schools.

Meh, Im not complaining, Im happy with my UAI, but thought Id add my 2 cents!

From what Ive seen in school, alot of teachers do in fact care what their students get, some simply for genuine reasons, but others simply for reputation, as well as the fact that they will be criticised by the principle trying to see where they went wrong!

This is truly the case in some schools!

Anyways, if u tried ur best u shouldnt be disappointed with whatever UAI u get. Life goes on I guess!

kido525

HSC
Pro Gamer said:
Wow, I got a uai slightly lower than yours, and I havnt told my mum yet, simply because she will be ashamed, like the situation you just described.

Mate, fuck ignore the shit that parents talk about and parents friends etc if u got 60 - 70 thats still good u can still go to uni and do a transfer after a year , nevertheless u are still gonna finish off the same like people who had direct access to uni and graduated its the same shit overall.... Oh and about the people like family relatives and shit once u graduated and get a successful career u will be making more BLing BLING then they are so screw em have some pride in yourself

kido525

HSC
anita_wax said:
holy fuck my lowest mark was 72 overall and my uai is 62

it varies depending on ur subject choices my lowest marks were chem and phys i got 69 for chem and 68 for physics and my final uai was 68.55 yea probably the scaling played a major role

kido525

HSC
Famine said:
WTF, I do all scaled up courses averaging 75, and my UAI is scaled down..... 68.85 wtf??

yep same like me were ur positions at skewl good like top 10 ? if not then the position u got at skewl assessment screwed u over

kido525

HSC
Pro Gamer said:
Wow, I got a uai slightly lower than yours, and I havnt told my mum yet, simply because she will be ashamed, like the situation you just described.

wouldnt she be asking for it ne sooner?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I believe there was a study posted here on bos that showed that students who only JUST make it into their course, or whom only just make it into their course via transfer are often the students who achieve the greatest results.

timmay05

HSC
rherkes said:
Don't worry, I know someone who got <30. You should be happy about what you have achieved this year, not worried because you didn't do as well as you had hoped.
Do you still get the free drink at the manning bar if you get a uai <30, or were my freinds having me on?

7th Sign

HSC
timmay05 said:
Do you still get the free drink at the manning bar if you get a uai <30, or were my freinds having me on?

hhahahhahah ahhahahha

go up their and try...

niteshade1312

HSC
I'm pretty sure that happens. But do you ever know your UAI if it is under 30, or is it still an **

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)