• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who Didn't Go To Their Formal? (1 Viewer)

L

littlewing69

Lucid Scintilla said:
While I do appreciate your counsel, which is definitely bolstered by your experiences, dearie, I am now even more averse to attempt socializing with my peers of that place, due to irreconcilable differences and what-have-you.
I do not feel the need to risk my scalp for this, but it all depends; at the moment, I believe we already have a "no" on the HSC-year formal.
(Oh, which formal, which people, and which school.)

Now, the matter isn't studying ahead or anything; it is a simple matter of personal preference; well, that and a couple, if not several, factors; besides, not everyone goes to those quasi-raves.

Believe you me, the Asian guys who are playing their petty computer games will be doing what they do best - game.

Anyway, Nakashima, thank you for your advice on this matter. Notwithstanding the nigh-certainty of my absence from my forthcoming formal, I shall heed your wise words, and thank you most effusively for this.
:)
[/nosarcasm, for those who cannot detect candour]

Ease up on the thesaurus there, Tolstoy.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
While I do appreciate your counsel, which is definitely bolstered by your experiences, dearie, I am now even more averse to attempt socializing with my peers of that place, due to irreconcilable differences and what-have-you.
I do not feel the need to risk my scalp for this, but it all depends; at the moment, I believe we already have a "no" on the HSC-year formal.
(Oh, which formal, which people, and which school.)

Now, the matter isn't studying ahead or anything; it is a simple matter of personal preference; well, that and a couple, if not several, factors; besides, not everyone goes to those quasi-raves.

Believe you me, the Asian guys who are playing their petty computer games will be doing what they do best - game.

Anyway, Nakashima, thank you for your advice on this matter. Notwithstanding the nigh-certainty of my absence from my forthcoming formal, I shall heed your wise words, and thank you most effusively for this.
:)
[/nosarcasm, for those who cannot detect candour]
I suppose we all have our preferences.

But for the record, I didn't enjoy either formals much. The year 12 one was mostly sitting and chatting, exactly the same as we do at school, except we're in dresses and stuff. I didn't think much of the year 10 one as my date ducked out every 10 minutes to smoke.

Even less incentive for you to go now, right. :p

Legham

HSC
I went to my year 10 one.. wish i didnt though.. It was sooo boring and they had the gayest music playing.. the only reason i went was because i wouldn't of been able to go to the afterparty if i didnt go! Afterparty was heaps good though :) i drank by far the most alcohol i've ever drank in one party that night :D

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Nakashima said:
Formals are a part of the high school experience. If you didn't attend the year 10 formal I suggest you attend the year 12. It's the last time you'll see the whole grade in one place.

Don't expect to have the time of your life and don't make a big deal out of it. Just go because you're celebrating the completion of high school with people you've known for six years. I've always thought formals were overrated and it turned out I was right. Nevertheless I know I would have regretted it if I wasn't there.

If you want to study, there's like 3 months worth of holidays after the HSC. Skipping the formal to stay home with textbooks for completely irrational reasons is not smart.
I never went to my year 10 formal for a variety of reasons (no date, no transport and no real good friends to go with). In regard to my year 12 formal, I was gonna skip that too but my situation had changed as I had made some good mates (one of them supplying me with a date). As such, I didnt expect much to happen on the night but I was completely wrong.

My plan for that evening was basically to make sure my date had a good time with my own enjoyment being 2nd priority. It turns out we had a lot of fun, sat around, talked for a bit, introduced each other to people, and laughed at all the dumbass antics some drunk guys were pulling when they rocked up to the formal with their equally smashed dates.

However, the main highlight of my year 12 formal was meeting my future girlfriend. She was my friend's date and after only introducing myself to her for a brief 5 minutes, she wanted to meet me a few days after the event. So we met, clicked and she eventually became my gf.

So finally, the main point of my story is to just go to your year 12 formal. You'll never know what may happen on the night. You might not meet a gf like I did but you'll probably end up having a great time anyway!

kloudsurfer

HSC
Legham said:
I went to my year 10 one.. wish i didnt though.. It was sooo boring and they had the gayest music playing.. the only reason i went was because i wouldn't of been able to go to the afterparty if i didnt go! Afterparty was heaps good though :) i drank by far the most alcohol i've ever drank in one party that night :D
I was sick at my year 10 formal. It was horrible. I didnt even end up going to the afterparty because I felt like crap.

Hopefully yr 12 will be better!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I went to both my Year 10 and Year 12 formal, and it was awesome fun.

As Nakashima said, it's the last time you'll see you're entire form together. It's also a night of surprises in seeing all the wierd and crazy things people wore, many people coming out of their shells and just having some good fun together.

And those people using no date as a reason not to go, unless you go to a single sex school then I don't really understand why not having a date would deter you. C'mon seriously.... it's 20times more fun on your own with just ur best mates. Dates from other schools usually end up feeling niged, sitting at the table the whole night anyway. It's your night to celebrate!

L

littlewing69

Lucid Scintilla said:
What the *?!?!
I WANNA VENT!

Tolstoy? I like his works, like anyone should, but I've been reading Jung recently.

Thesaurus? Going to a good prep. school helps.

Helps what? Rambling on with big words to no gain? Being a jackass with polysyllabic bullshit doesn't make you smart. Go read Orwell's essay on the virtues of clear writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)