Who does not give a rats ass abt the HSC? =P (1 Viewer)

mainland-fob

HSC
i do not give a rats ass abt the hsc hahhaa!!
im juss sitting for it for my cert. then going to tafe.

SCREW UNI!

Mookout

HSC
Well I'm not going to uni... I don't really see the point in my HSC if I'm not going to uni. However I dont want anyone asking me about the HSC if I dont do it, cause then i'll have to lie about doing it... Instead of just lying about what mark I got :)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
lol yea thats right go to tafe and once the IR reforms come in placed your fucked. the IR reforms are set so where the higher the skill the more you can take home :d suck shit

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Yeah, the only exam I cared about was the Information Technology one.

I'm going to Hornsby TAFE next year to do a cert IV in web design, and then off to Billy Blue School of Graphics Arts..

ie: UAI doesn't mean anything to me.

wrong answer

HSC
I do care, if only a little.

I'm going to TAFE next year hopefully and all I want is a UAI just in case later on down the track I find something that is actually useful for me at Uni.
Do musicians care if I know about journeys? I think not. Unless it's theirs to a stage nearby.

Frankly. As I see it, we should go by what the BOS has been teaching us. It is not the final destination of a UAI but the journey towards it. So if everyone has been having fun I think they owe us marks. Good ones.

jdrockefeller

HSC
I bet you'd care a whole lot more if you were getting good marks. This is what it ultimately comes down to. People start getting shit marks, and pass it off as them "not caring" yet, if you guys were continually hitting 17/20 for english, I think you'd be singing a different tune.

Seems only deadshits don't care.

hottie_mira

thats a bit harsh dont ya think? if u dont need the hsc of course ur not guna really care as much as the ppl who wana go to uni???
deerrrrrrrrrr....tafe kids are still as smart as kids who go to uni they just dont need a uai so naturally theyre not guna be that stressed! silly boy uai is valid for 5 years so they can use it later on if tafe isnt cool enuf for them..

SmileyCam

HSC
jdrockefeller said:
I bet you'd care a whole lot more if you were getting good marks. This is what it ultimately comes down to. People start getting shit marks, and pass it off as them "not caring" yet, if you guys were continually hitting 17/20 for english, I think you'd be singing a different tune.

Seems only deadshits don't care.
yes, that seems to be the general trend

although, it may be that when people don't care, they become deadshits

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
There are two groups of people:

1. Those who don't care because they have a pre-planned alternative or have already been accepted into one place or other - i.e. the "genuine"-don't-give-a-damns.
2. Those who have bludged too much in the past and realised that there is no way in hell they can score a decent UAI. They don't want to admit to their previous faults or strain themselves during the last couple of days, so they claim they don't care, in order to use that as an excuse for their low marks.

TAFE is good if you know what you're doing - that is, you're not there to bludge because you couldn't get into uni. :p
mira2005 said:
tafe kids are still as smart as kids who go to uni
I don't agree. Some might be, but none of the TAFE students I've met were smart in high school.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
mainland-fob said:
i do not give a rats ass abt the hsc hahhaa!!
im juss sitting for it for my cert. then going to tafe.

SCREW UNI!
pffftt... TAFE whats the point.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Hey!!
Im one of the 'I dont care...' people. Im not a deadshit or anything either. I just got so sick of everyone around me stressing, I got sick of all the teachers telling me how important it is, I got sick of everything related to it. It just gave me the shits.
If I apply for a job, and the other applicants only made it to year 10, I know that just having a certificate that says 2005 HSC in my portfolio thing puts me ahead of them, so I am not worried at all.

YAY for those of us who dont give a fire truck =P

HSC
How important is Uni? Does it matter if we go straight after the HSC or as a mature age? I mean I am aiming for Uni, I would love to go, not for status or feeling like I am better, just to do what I want in Commerce. I have tried so much during school and it got me marks that I am very happy with and apparently put me in a position to achieive what I want, but I found exam nerves and lack of sleep is making me rethink my after-school options. Basically, is TAFE just as acceptable, and how hard would it be to go to Uni after TAFE? I am planning on going to Wollongong Uni.

I know the HSC is important but does it truly depict your future?

santaslayer

HSC
*n.a.t.a.l.i.e* said:
How important is Uni? Does it matter if we go straight after the HSC or as a mature age? I mean I am aiming for Uni, I would love to go, not for status or feeling like I am better, just to do what I want in Commerce. I have tried so much during school and it got me marks that I am very happy with and apparently put me in a position to achieive what I want, but I found exam nerves and lack of sleep is making me rethink my after-school options. Basically, is TAFE just as acceptable, and how hard would it be to go to Uni after TAFE? I am planning on going to Wollongong Uni.

I know the HSC is important but does it truly depict your future?
HSC doesn't depict your future at all. For all you know, you may win the lottery 10 times in a row and live off the interest that load of moolahhh generates. Also, many who did well at HSC and Uni level got fuck all because of the IT bubble burst. They just took the wrong course at the wrong time.

Transferring is hard because once you undergo tertiary education, you tend to slack off because of the extreme freedom involved.

A few of the top 10 richest men in the world have no prior degrees.

pear head

HSC
santaslayer said:
HSC doesn't depict your future at all. For all you know, you may win the lottery 10 times in a row and live off the interest that load of moolahhh generates. Also, many who did well at HSC and Uni level got fuck all because of the IT bubble burst. They just took the wrong course at the wrong time.

Transferring is hard because once you undergo tertiary education, you tend to slack off because of the extreme freedom involved.

yeah i agree with the statement about the top 10 richest men....and OF CORSE NOT!!! hsc doesnt depict ur future...what the hell...it might depict ur NEAR future but not many years after that...learn to live people.... learn to live!!! and you'll all do fine in the future...just dont bum around...go for gold !!

7th Sign

HSC
I am just going to do my best even if i dont make it to tafe I can sit back and say oh well I gave it my best and get a uai of 70 or something poor like that,

Its not like I want to go to my kids, I failed the hsc and didnt try! because what is that going to do for them?

I will do my best if I dont do well I can look back and say atleast I tried my best!

and another note to this threads starter tafe does not accept every one !

:)

7th Sign

HSC
santaslayer said:
Yes true the top ten richest men do not have degrees yet they all have a certain thing called "motivation" with out motivation you can not achieve any goals, you cant tell me that all top 10 sat on their asses and said oh well I am not going to give this business a shot I don’t give a rats! No they tried their best to for fill their dreams and aspirations of achieving something better! Also most of the top 100 richest people are rich through inheritance.

hottie_mira

LiL_JeN_JeN said:
Hey!!
Im one of the 'I dont care...' people. Im not a deadshit or anything either. I just got so sick of everyone around me stressing, I got sick of all the teachers telling me how important it is, I got sick of everything related to it. It just gave me the shits.
If I apply for a job, and the other applicants only made it to year 10, I know that just having a certificate that says 2005 HSC in my portfolio thing puts me ahead of them, so I am not worried at all.

YAY for those of us who dont give a fire truck =P
heck yes..thanku for proving my point my best friend is smarter than me, has beaten me in every assesment and will prob beat me in the hsc but shes choosin to go to tafe cos she dont wana go to uni. fair enuf i say..and fair enuf for ppl who dont care bout the hsc as long as they dont bag out ppl who do.

lozmate

HSC
I don't really care about the HSC...

.. But then again, I don't need to go to uni to do what I want with my life..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)