Who does not give a rats ass abt the HSC? =P (1 Viewer)

SARS.

HSC
i agree that hsc is not end of life.......... who eva said that not going to uni is unacceptable?
man...i hate parents that force u to do stuff that u dun even like T_T

wez

HSC
I originally was hoping to go well, but fucked up most of my assessments and all of my trials. Plugged in my current marks to the UAI calculator on this site and got 52. something or other, studied up for this shit but really, who cares. I'm looking into alternative higer education rather than uni, or a job that doesn't involve me making sandwiches for bastards all day.

As for those that can still get a good mark and do care, good luck to you. I'll try and push some averages up. But no promises.

Stazie

HSC
um well i am one of those people who doesn't care and i understand peoples opinions on this but sometimes you need to give people the benefit of the doubt instead of critisisimg them..i mean honestly, what is the point in stressing when there is absolutely no need to...it feels great to have that weight lifted off my shoulders because my future is set regardless of my results in some stupid tests!!
best of luck to all

wez

HSC
I'm looking at TAFE...applications close soon...which means I better fill it in soon....

but as a musician, i think these forms are too long...i like the one for AIM...it's one page!

not that I'm a deadshit, i just would rather be playing music than filling out forms so i can learn more about it...

nookie

HSC
at first it was everything, then something, now nothing. i've given up. TAFE for me it is.

in basic terms it's pissing me off.

(O_o)

HSC
7th Sign said:
I am just going to do my best even if i dont make it to tafe I can sit back and say oh well I gave it my best and get a uai of 70 or something poor like that,

Its not like I want to go to my kids, I failed the hsc and didnt try! because what is that going to do for them?

I will do my best if I dont do well I can look back and say atleast I tried my best!

and another note to this threads starter tafe does not accept every one !

:)

its true tho, tafe does not just accept everyone. im trying my best rite now but for example graphic design needs a 93.7 at uts and most other uni's unless u wanna travel to "whoop whoop" land evryday jus to go uni and that uai is just too unrealistic for me which i have realised, regardless of me trying my best and studying hard.

Im applying for graphic design at the design centre tafe in enmore, and even tho its tafe, the selection of applicants is extreamely intense and competitive.

yeh im trying for the hsc, and sometimes i may not care cos im being realistic in that i know no matter how much i wud realli like to go uni for this course, the uai is unfortunately out of reach. but im still guna try my best and get my certificate for completing the hsc...

but its like the gov't doesnt want us to study wat we want any more... uai's getting higher and higher each year cos of stupid competition.. why cant they just assess some people on their actual work in prac courses... some people for example may be awesome designers but may not be mathematicians or wateva .. (o_O)

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
im most certainly not a braindead fruitcake, and i most certainly do not care too much at all about the hsc.

i do not have a guaranteed place into anywhere, but i refuse to stress.

i am not making excuses for not trying during the year, because i had a damn good year of results.

and im not going to tafe. i hate tafe, one is a joint campus with our school and my god as that chick of the fast and the furious would say "I smell... skanks." but then again most of these lovely young ladies have taken to tafe as an alternative to completing year 9. best of luck to them.

i wana go to uni, but if i don't get in then meh, i'll get in when im 21. but i think i will get in first go... i duno doesn't worry me.

before mondays english test i didn't have a care in the world.

the hsc doesn't mean that much to me... well i guess it does, but compared to those mentioned from the UTS survey who said that if they fail the hsc they will be a failure for the rest of their lives, it doesn't really.

the joys of going to a public school mean that my parents are happy with me no matter what i do... but then again i think if they paid 15 grand a term for me to go to school they'd still love me just the same. its pretty fucked up when people think that their hsc results will determine their relationship with their parents. even worse when they are right.

thats my whinge on the hsc. good luck to everyone, if you care lots or not much at all.

peace xx

megeggie

HSC
i'm not phased. I'm going to a college next year - and it's still possible for me to get a degree by going there, I just don't need a UAI. Uni isn't the be all and end all, I just don't feel its the right place for me - i think the place i'm going is due to the learning environment
also the fact that the only uni i can find even similar to the course im doing is waapa in perth.. and im in syd now mayyybe not

m00nks

HSC
I already know what im doin and thank jebus it doesnt require a UAI. It's just a really big weight off my shoulders, i mean i see all my friends stressin out and it just feels good not having to worry.

Mookout

HSC
m00nks said:
I already know what im doin and thank jebus it doesnt require a UAI. It's just a really big weight off my shoulders, i mean i see all my friends stressin out and it just feels good not having to worry.
what are you doing?

phatphil71

Stupid

I would have nothing againtst the HSC if we learned things we would use in our lives, I mnever gonna write an essay about a novel and mention techniques the TEACHERS found. I only need a 66 anyway because im going to cop school, then when all the people who got 99.9 come with there mercedes benzes i will be there to book them and take their licenses.

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY GUYS HOPE EVERY THING TURNS OUT POSITIVE

hollybox

HSC
Be Nice

Yeah lets slam the TAFE kids that will boost thier confidence. Be nice.

dannyr

HSC
N/A
pfffttt!

Ahhhh. I can't believe some of you pretentious bastards "no tafe person was smart in high school" "brain dead" and the person who said that there are 2 types of people or whatever you all said, please take a look at yourselves. I know that I am not doing really well in english but I could get close to 100% in history extension.
I'm not braindead and I don't have retarded judgemental opinions like you obviously have gained from your great parents and the wonderful values. I seriously am not even slightly worried about what I will get, I want to go to uni but the course i want to do is portfolio based not uai. Even the people who didn't try at all arn't braindead or whatever you say maybe they will be something without uni... fucken get off yourselves. So sick of people like you.

Glenn198718

yeah im not really giving a fuck i just wanted to prove too all the teachers at my school who said i couldnt make it to year 12 that i did and then ill stick it up them when i leave the school to

TripleWordScore

HSC
Jayphen said:
Yeah, the only exam I cared about was the Information Technology one.

I'm going to Hornsby TAFE next year to do a cert IV in web design, and then off to Billy Blue School of Graphics Arts..

ie: UAI doesn't mean anything to me.
Haha. Almost identical situation, myself. I may even see you at Billy Blue, I haven't decided what I'm doing after my TAFE course yet. I spent a decent amount of the time I should of spent studying for English setting up an online art portfolio. :/

Last edited:

babsie87

HSC
whats the point

Thank god im not the only one. now i wish someone would tell my parents its not worth all the stress. as i am going to tafe i do not need a good uai i just need a hsc what a waste of 2 years. if i knew what i knew now i would have left in year 10. people making subject choices for yr11&12 need to be educated.
peace out my fellow peers as they say.
good luck to those of u trying and have fun to those of u who are just like me and dont care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)