• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who DOESN'T want to go to Uni? (1 Viewer)

uwshm8

uwshm8
HSC
on average you will work for 45years+++, 48 weeks of the year and 5 days a week, i strongly suggest you do something your going to love and enjoy... also think about your vocation in life ;)
hope this helps!

HSC
uwshm8 said:
on average you will work for 45years+++, 48 weeks of the year and 5 days a week, i strongly suggest you do something your going to love and enjoy... also think about your vocation in life ;)
hope this helps!
haha you make it sound awful! although it is true

edit: but if you win the lottery that is another story

ALeksa01

HSC
the statistic of businesses who fail is 75%

i want to aim for UNI, possibly because of the emphasis placed on the success that comes from a " higher education"

AIM: masters degree in business commerce and any UNI will do.

sajad07

HSC
Noone wud refuse. Its more of a achievement. U make it or u dnt unless ur sum junkie cunt.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
sajad07 said:
Noone wud refuse. Its more of a achievement. U make it or u dnt unless ur sum junkie cunt.
ahahahhahahahha. you are clearly a dumb fuck if you believe that.
some people don't wish to go to uni because the career path they want doesn't require them to do so. e.g. personal trainers

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
some people don't wish to go to uni because the career path they want doesn't require them to do so. e.g. personal trainers
Melanieeeee is a great poster, so true uni isnt everything to everyone.

Edit; and plus im sure we can all name succesfull people who did not attend uni.

sajad07

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
I got served... fuk

Jess007

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanieeeee.

yeh ive got a traineeship set up with a gym at the start of '09. i dont need to go to uni for that, and at the end i get a personal training job.its great, exactly what i want.. :)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
imo, university is def. the better option though. To head straight into a job, become an apprentice or enter TAFE you are limittting yourself to a particular job which is more closed then jobs you would get with a uni degree. a university degree puts you into a particuar field, not a job. So you have a lot more options and flexibility.

Having said this, university is not for everyone and a few of my friends did leave in year 10 and they're all doing quite well. If you know you want to be a plumber of a chef, why stick around and go to uni??

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Without Wings said:
For example a number of TAFE students end up undertaking university courses as well as individuals who have been working etc.
Yeah, I know a guy who transferred from TAFE accouting to university. He's now getting a D average.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Jess007 said:
yeh ive got a traineeship set up with a gym at the start of '09. i dont need to go to uni for that, and at the end i get a personal training job.its great, exactly what i want.. :)
congrats :D

BackCountrySnow said:
To head straight into a job, become an apprentice or enter TAFE you are limittting yourself to a particular job which is more closed then jobs you would get with a uni degree. a university degree puts you into a particuar field, not a job. So you have a lot more options and flexibility.
actually thats not true. with gaining an apprenticeship and working, there are many opportunities for promotion. many companies these days promote people internally rather than hiring externally. ive heard of heaps of my mums friends working as high managerial people that started of doing admin work with minimal qualification. as for tafe i don't see how doing a tafe qualification limits the person more than a uni qualification and nayway the majority of people that do tafe want to go to uni anyway.

Having said this, university is not for everyone and a few of my friends did leave in year 10 and they're all doing quite well. If you know you want to be a plumber of a chef, why stick around and go to uni??
yeah i know some people that left year 10 as well and they are doing great with there apprenticeship/work. i guess it isn't really fair to say that one option is better than the other because people have different career goals

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
sajad07 said:
are there any food/chef courses in uni
tafe is better for food/ chef/ anything hospitality related but i think in uni if you do science you can major in nutrition depending on which uni you go to.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
maybe but if you are on hecs u pay less then full free paying students
yes but hecs can still cost up to about $9000 a year (depending on the course/units you are doing).
EDIT: law and med courses are the worst offenders setting you back approx. $45000 before you graduate from your course

Last edited:

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
EDIT: law and med courses are the worst offenders setting you back approx. $45000 before you graduate from your course
Yeah, but the money that you'd make after graduating from one of these courses, would easily cover your uni fees.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
RohanZ said:
Yeah, but the money that you'd make from graduating from one of these courses, would easily cover your uni fees.
point being? of course when you start working in any field usually one would assume that the money you would be recieving is higher than the cost of education. and also you are not guarnteed a job once you graduate from uni unless you are self employed or something. so might be a while till you start earning those big $$$.

tania O

HSC
theshortykatt said:
why would you want to do that?
that is if you didnt get a high enough uai?

but im not going for a UAI thats the problem i regert it now not going for UAI.

mattchis

HSC
Heh im not going to Uni - may in a few years if this traineeship i got recently (i needa go to tafe for it though) doesnt work out

but hey - to all those people going to uni and not even sure what they are doing there (like just going there because its something else to do) your idiots...
heh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)