Who downloaded their antivirus programs? (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
What's a recommended program?

What program did you guy's download?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I use antivir. Not sure where it is, but do a search.

I've also used avant! in the past but I didn't really like it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
im gonna stick with norton antivirus until the liscence runs out sometime early next yr

after that i dont know if ill stick with norton or download some freeware

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
elfanger said:
I use avg. Seems to be working well.
I had a trojan virus, and avg bloody did not detect it.

I've temporarily downloaded mcafee and it detected it straight away, i obviously uninstalled it again.

I'm going to regularly use trendmicro online to reguarly check if i have any viruses.

AVG is gay.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
yes... AVG misses some things and doesn't acctually repear the virus, it just tells you it exists. You have to do full system scan to remove it.

I'm using computer associates AV now, according to becnchmarks it is the fastest, but not the most user friendly, lol

santaslayer

HSC
I use AVG....

funny thing is that the updates are usually 17.5kb....which takes like 2 seconds....

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Using VET until the license expires or I renew. Actually deletes viruses, and strips viruses off emails downloaded through outlook.

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you ever think you have been stung by a common virus, you can download this free utility from McAfee to remove them.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
Its not an anti virus replacement since it only targets major viruses.

Other than that I don't use any anti virus software.....just be careful what you run on your computer, stay updated with patches and you should be safe enough :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I use Symantec Antivirus (Corporate Edition) :p

It essentially uses the same engine as Norton Anti-Virus but with less BS and a much, much friendlier front-end.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
All anti-virus is only as good as your latest definitions.

It's no use saying AVG sucked picking something up if you were a week out of date with your definitions. Same with Nortons and McAfee etc.

Personally I have had AVG pick up and fix viruses Nortons missed, it has a smaller footprint, takes less time to do a full scan and best of all is legitimately free without having to go set the date to 2008 and installing then turning back the clock so your updates don't expire. I have heard many people switch from Norton to AVG because it just wasn't worth the overheads sitting in the background and still missing some things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)