Who else got a phone call?!?! (1 Viewer)

atakach99

HSC
About like 1 hour after i received my UAI I got a phone call from UTS telling me that if I change UTS to my first preference I will be accepted into Civil Engineering which has a cut off of 85. He told me that my bonus points and questionear helped me. I asked him 'Is it guaranteed entry? and he said yes.'

Has anybody else received a similar phone call? Is this a hoax?

Edit: My UAI is 80.75

-Danyan-

HSC
atakach99 said:
About like 1 hour after i received my UAI I got a phone call from UTS telling me that if I change UTS to my first preference I will be accepted into Civil Engineering which has a cut off of 85. He told me that my bonus points and questionear helped me. I asked him 'Is it guaranteed entry? and he said yes.'

I got a similiar call yesterday, UTS was already my first pref though, congrats

Edit: i.e. its not a hoax most likely

Last edited:

-Danyan-

HSC
I was hoping to, my uai was over the the cut off but for me they offered a scholarship along with it;

Honestly UTS seems to be doing it so you probably got a genuine offer, if your still unsure call UTS back and ask them to like go into more detail, dont make it as if you forgot or anything. If they dont know what your talking about, then sorry, if they do, hope to see you next year

Edit: Your UAI seems close enough and unis usually look for other factors, e.g. that questionaire, for potential entrants

Last edited:

tybermon j

HSC
same. UTS called me and said i got a preliminary offer, Got into engineering mechnical and mechatronics . i just need to change preferences to first. My friend got one for business and engineering but he is going to reject it to become a doctor

i thought it was a telemarketer at first

Last edited:

adnan91

HSC
wtf is this...do UNSW and USYD have early entry offers? if so im not hearing anything

tybermon j

HSC
Yes they do. A Friend got a call from UNSW and got a offer for planning

C

Chrisssss

-Danyan- said:
I was hoping to, my uai was over the the cut off but for me they offered a scholarship along with it;

Honestly UTS seems to be doing it so you probably got a genuine offer, if your still unsure call UTS back and ask them to like go into more detail, dont make it as if you forgot or anything. If they dont know what your talking about, then sorry, if they do, hope to see you next year

Edit: Your UAI seems close enough and unis usually look for other factors, e.g. that questionaire, for potential entrants
What was your UAI, and what scholarship did they offer you? I had/have UTS Eng as my frist pref and got 89.55- I apparently got a call from UTS yesterday for something urgent though I wasn't home- I tried calling back though noone was answering so I left a message... I'm slightly concerned though since they said they needed to speak with me before Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
atakach99 said:

yeah same thing happened with me im doing mechanical and i got a uai of 78.25.

My friend got like 80.something uai and hes entered the same course and did the questionnaire as well but he hasnt got a call yet. hmmm:confused:

Bekhit

HSC
yeh i got a call from uts wif a preliminary offer into civil engineerin...thing is though i registered 4 da questionaire n didn even finish or submiit it b da lady said it was because of my questionaire n bonus points( i only done to subjects allowing for 4 bonus points). so i think the "uve got in because of ur questionaire n bonus points" is just a general comment they say to every1 they call.

redox

HSC
Got exact same call as the OP, for civil engineering too.

atakach99

HSC
ok thanks a lot for the responses I dont think i'll be able to get into UNSW (UAI CUT OFF 88) so i've changed UTS to my first preference.

Bekhit

HSC
atakach99 said:
ok thanks a lot for the responses I dont think i'll be able to get into UNSW (UAI CUT OFF 88) so i've changed UTS to my first preference.
y dont u try both still?? just put uts as ur 1st prefrence in the preliminary round and change it to unsw before the main round...if u got da prelminary offer from uts then youll get it and if you get into unsw theyll send you a main round offer then u can choose n decide from their??:D

atakach99

HSC
Yeah thats what the guy, that called from UTS, was telling me but i didn't really understand him very well until you explained it right now. yea i'll definatley do that and see how everything goes. I'd be happy getting into either UTS or UNSW for my engineering course.

thanks a lot!!

Bekhit

HSC
atakach99 said:
Yeah thats what the guy, that called from UTS, was telling me but i didn't really understand him very well until you explained it right now. yea i'll definatley do that and see how everything goes. I'd be happy getting into either UTS or UNSW for my engineering course.

thanks a lot!!
yeh no worries.
i think der both good although dey say unsw is more academic n a mission 2 travel to(depedning on were u live) while uts is more practical.
btw if ur still not sure bout more courses ders anotha 2 rounds afta da main round but u prob wont be garunteed an offer...but it jus gives u more options if u are offered.

m00

HSC
UNSW apparently lets people in that get in 70's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)