Who else is doing King Lear? (1 Viewer)

ellipsis

HSC
I don't recall seagull noises, maybe it wasn't sound fx...
I do remember a cicada/cricket noise for nightime ?

Uggy

i thought they were sound effects, but then throughout the play i could hear the seagulls from outside, so i just wanted to make sure.. before i wrote it in my assessment hehe

malayz_angel

There were some newspaper articles about the actors in King Lear. They're quoted as saying that they hope a real storm happens during one of their performances to make the play more realistic or interesitng or something lol

losty

LOL i hope that happens next wednesday... our school is going then... hey that would be cool to have a storm during a play,,, it'd make me feel like im really there

DC10

hehe you mean a 'real' storm? now that would be some atmosphere :D

anyway.. for the bondi production, is it outdoors or indoors?

trinity

its indoors- in this squashy but (optimistically) intimate theatre
~right across from the beach!

:D

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
what interpretations and values did yo uguys link to the play at bondi?

M o r p h X

can anyone comment on the bondi production in terms of the values it provides (power, love )
Linking it to particular scenes in the production.

Values as in clealry emphasised in the production like, the NATURE for example....

The wheel of fortune .... when they (i think edmund) spun it .... maybe tries to emphasise nature.....

The aritotelean tragedy of nature and chaos etc....

How the wheel is spinning could depict chaos....

etc

Cheers

Sassasas

EDGAR WAS CRAP

I wanted edgar to die!! Perhaps his fly did not need to be undone for so long? Regans costume was... unfortunate to say the least...
I thought the wheel symbolised chaos and order - the wheel becoming unjoined, scattered
cordelia was crap too....
Yeah.. wasnt exactly impressed, use of set was good, as was some of the symbolism.. the music annoyed me too... i think it was perhaps overdone?

Sassasas

Hmmm

Argh... didnt mean to start a new page...
I figure if you think there is more then just one msg ur more likely to go to the third page... thats all from me:)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by Asquithian
i went to bondi one last year...do they still have the falling sand to sybolise the storm? and the dodgy uniforms...anyways

it was really nice. i thought ..interpretations...rm make em up...

funny ...soon as its hsc time each year the Bondi production pops up!:rolleyes:
Our teacher went to the one last year and she went again with us this year because it's different this year. Was the one last year like bondage or something?

Uggy

the undone fly thing was on purpose??

its hard to concentrate when your laughing at that.....

skool_angel

Bondi Pavilion was very good
i also liked the use of the wheel
the sound effects were good too
but it hate the way how oswald is dressed, he looks so GAY and the way how he sits OMG!! GAY
did anyelse hate the way how they portrayed cordelia???

the sits were so uncomfortable the girl sitting in front of me her chair kept making these noises i got so annoyin'

M o r p h X

Yer the way Cordelia acted it out dis year.

Kinda sucked...

You really couldn;t see if she was happy or sad.....

She was bloody smiling..... when its meant to appear her being shocked.......etc.....with lears reactions (madness/rage) etc.....

losty

yeah the actors were shittly portrayed... we havent read it yet but still weve had it explained and they did not come accross the way i imagined... i thought cordelia was going to be pretty and femenine and more 'genuine' loking and i thought regan was going to be a bit more sleasy and slutty... but goneril was good i guess....

ohh edgar was pathetic.... his lisp!!!!! BOY that was annoying...and we couldnt help but crack up laughing whenever the fool sung and danced... not because it was actually funny but because he was so stupid... actually i dont think it was funny at all... any of the production. I thought shakespear was meant to be full of humour and sexual inuendo etc but hey unless its just me... that didnt come accross too well

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by losty
I thought shakespear was meant to be full of humour and sexual inuendo etc but hey unless its just me... that didnt come accross too well

It is full of that, but the thing is we don't understand all the word play, especially the fool's. According to my teacher, the fool has a tonne of references to penis, but obviously he doesn't just come out and say it.

Uggy

when lear curses gonerill with sterility etc how was this shown in the bondi production? was that the part when oswald n gonerill were rocking the wheel?

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
In the Bondi one, when Lear was cursing Gonerill she was almost in tears. She looked really hurt. In this scene she was still wering the red sexy thing she wore when her and Oswald were rocking the wheel in the previous scene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)