Who else is gonna fail this? (1 Viewer)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Hm,

I have to agree on both sides, SDD isn't a simple course, but I also believe the HSC style/content will be slightly easier than the Trials. What's the point of making an easier trial to lull people into a false sense of security?

If your trial is set harder, people expect the same from the HSC, therefore study more to find it's easier.

Well.. er.. I hope anyway haha.

Dut_Atem

CRAM AND CRAM plus CRAM shud help u maybe pass

i reckon SDD could've been so much easier its just that it was taught so boringly.and i dont think it was just my school the whole state seems to have been like that. anyway 7 people in my class, 3 will definitly pass, 1 uncertian, and the last 3 that includes me are guaranteed a fail. UNLESS i CRAM. then i might get like 52% max. I NEED CRAM MATERIAL EMEDIATLY :'( [story of my life 4 next 4 weeks] my fault tho i guess' HELP

theVirus

HSC
Bogan

'SDD' and 'Preparation' don't belong in the same sentence. Sure, do a past paper. However, to pass SDD the only work you have to do is memorise all of the Excel Summary and all of the Heinemann Summary and just memorise everyone's summaries. Now, what better than a little light reading? it is a simple course to study for. Things that require thinking, eg Binary Division, should be intuitive and you won't have to worry about them.

Summary all the way!

Holy Grail

I came first in sdd out of 7 tho....my mark was 91 so i was happy....i reackon a solid 90 can be achieved out of this hsc

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
hmmm this is sorta depressing hearing all these ppl who are gonna fail when im aiming for top ten =(
cheer up! and good luck! =D

i think past papers are more valuable than knowing the content. sure u need to know it to an extent, but applying it to scenarios is where most people go wrong.

JayWalker

HSC
Percent that is, any you mind me asking WHy the HELL your posting about SDD at 02:30 AM??? Wouldnt it be better to be sleeping?!

Line|z0r

SDD people are a funny lot...

I got 100% for group speech because i was enthusiastic

94% in major project, of which I coded about 20 lines...the rest was done by 2 ppl in my class because they knew how to code before taking up sdd...

got 58% in trials because I can't answer any questions relating to "change this code to suit this requirment" because we haven't even been taught ANY code. We're just supposed to figure it out on our own...and summarise chapters. What a load of rubbish sdd is.

All the "piracy" and "copyright" questions are awesome, because you can just bs ur way through them...thus I got 58%.

Also, we did evo of programming languages for option...heh. When I saw that question in the trial, i almost laughed out loud. It had, what I thought was a huge typo...but turned out to be "functional programming". lmfao, that stuff made NO logical sense at all. Something like : (5+))))) A-B))))) +)))(F-)())) for like a whole page. Then we were asked what the code was supposed to do. I was like, wtf. The we had to change this code to suit another application. BAH.

I'll just stick to the easy piracy questions. DAMN YOU PEOPLE WHO WERE ACTUALLY TAUGHT THE SUBJECT!!! DAMN YOU!!!

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm, im hoping for about 70-80 ... dunno whether ill get it, i aint studyed since the trial :rolleyes: so i better gun that shit today eh ^^ but yeah cant member who else was talking bout this earlier in the thread but it really does come down to applying what u know to scenarios, and from looking at past exams some of the scenarios are terrible. think ill readz0r my notez0rs today then prac algorithms and modelling questions tomorro :)

jude_ess

I'm aiming for 85+ in this subject. I got 79% in trial which wasn't fantastic but it was a pretty tough paper. Just studying my arse off for the next few days, hopefully that should do the trick.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
JayWalker said:
Percent that is, any you mind me asking WHy the HELL your posting about SDD at 02:30 AM??? Wouldnt it be better to be sleeping?!
My sleep patern is farked cos of the HSC. There are quite a few people still on the forums all night long, so I ain't the only one. If I can't sleep I surf the net and post random messages.

S-K

I got like 58 in the Catholic trial so if I get 60 I'll be happy. I just have to make sure I go well in my other two tests so this subject won't hurt me as much.

I'm about to go on a massive final cram.... After the simpsons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)