• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who enjoys nightmares ??? (1 Viewer)

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
i love it, it gives me the thrill but for some sad reason it doesn't scare me , :mad1:

i watched the mother of all horror movies , "The Exorcist" last night but didn't get scared a bit... i was all by myself in my one bed room apartment , turned all the lights off ( by the way , the place where i live is kind of creepy , my neighbourhood houses are old and heritage listed, the creepy atmosphere) still didn't work at all.:confused:

Does anyone feel that way or it's just me ?????:p

Legham

HSC
I havent had any nightmares in years and years. but i remember really enjoying my last ones! It was like something out of an action/shoot-em-up PC game! Getting chased by massive monster things, trying to kill them and escape from them at the same time.. Quality stuff :) kinda annoying how they always wake you up at some stage though..

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i never have nightmares
theyre gor the weak
although watching the japanese version of the ring with the lights turned off, did creep me a bit, but its not like i lost sleep over it

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
usually i like the thrill of it. The problem is i sometimes have incredibly lucid dreams, which makes it less thrilling and more horrifying.

Lori.

HSC
I get surprised by what my mind can make up, but i dont exactly enjoy nightmares :/ In my worst one that i'll never forget, i was shot in the head and died :(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I was in a nightmare where I fought against Nazis only with a pistol and outnumbered and I had to rely on luck and my body armour to stay in combat alive and when I woke up I had a toy revolver in my hand.
Good nightmare.

Lori.

HSC
If the nightmare doesnt scare you, is it still a nightmare?

circusmind

HSC
I have lucid dreams, so I'm not too bothered once I become lucid. I do have a phobia of being stuck in the lucid dream forever though.

Season

HSC
Its not a nightmare if it doesn't scare you, its just a random dream then

# a situation resembling a terrifying dream
# a terrifying or deeply upsetting dream
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I think a proper nightmare should scare the shit out of you, I only get them if I've had a really traumatic experience, when my cousin died I imagined him coming to me and telling me he was alive but he was stuck in the coffin and couldn't get out. Not very nice at all... and a few others.

But see I've had dreams where I've died, and they were just dreams, didn't really scare me at all, just weirded me out.

HSC
i don't really get nightmares that are scary as in like, there are people trying to kill me or whatever .. but its the ones where my friends/family/pets die that really fuck with my head, sometimes i wake up crying and it freaks me out.

ew nightmares.

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
Season said:
Its not a nightmare if it doesn't scare you, its just a random dream then

# a situation resembling a terrifying dream
# a terrifying or deeply upsetting dream
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I think a proper nightmare should scare the shit out of you, I only get them if I've had a really traumatic experience, when my cousin died I imagined him coming to me and telling me he was alive but he was stuck in the coffin and couldn't get out. Not very nice at all... and a few others.

But see I've had dreams where I've died, and they were just dreams, didn't really scare me at all, just weirded me out.
Not necessarily but it does kind of refer to the definition u have given, ( according to the dicktionary , offcourse )
but my definition of nightmare = thrillmare ,
it may be completely terrifying dream for someone but it's very exciting for me.
i really enjoy it for some reason, Example middle of the night u c someone coming close to u and trys to grab ur throat then u wake up all of suddenly to grab the person's throat before the person can make a move on u , it's awesome.:)
by the way , i always have dreams of falling off from a very high water-fall, cliff or something ,the beauty of it is all of sudden i feel like i m floating and 0 gravity to pull me down on earth, (i m flying in the sky and the owner of the sky and no can reach me) , it's such a powerfull and awesome feeling , i can't explain it in words, example < Leo from Matrix , awesome thrill feeling , :p
(P>S i m not refering to the dreams u have when u take a dose of Morphine or other drugs :D )

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
trustmenever said:
i love it, it gives me the thrill but for some sad reason it doesn't scare me , :mad1:

i watched the mother of all horror movies , "The Exorcist" last night but didn't get scared a bit... i was all by myself in my one bed room apartment , turned all the lights off ( by the way , the place where i live is kind of creepy , my neighbourhood houses are old and heritage listed, the creepy atmosphere) still didn't work at all.:confused:

Does anyone feel that way or it's just me ?????:p
The Exorcist wasn't that horrific anyway. The only thing it may have done to me was give me a spooky vibe, but that was all. First viewing of that movie I was NOT scared at all.

Watch Wolf Creek instead.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dunno, sometimes i have dreams that probably should be nightmares but are kinda fun in a weird way, like when i dreamt about being in this war zone and having to fight and run away and basically stay alive...it was scary but in that thrilling sort of way.

on the other hand, real horrible nightmares i dont enjoy at all. the last real nightmare i had, i was trying to save my sister from being killed by this ferocious dog but i was in water and couldnt swim and kept half drowning and i could hear her being ripped to pieces and :( :( that fucked with my head.

caseylee

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i dunno, sometimes i have dreams that probably should be nightmares but are kinda fun in a weird way, like when i dreamt about being in this war zone and having to fight and run away and basically stay alive...it was scary but in that thrilling sort of way.

on the other hand, real horrible nightmares i dont enjoy at all. the last real nightmare i had, i was trying to save my sister from being killed by this ferocious dog but i was in water and couldnt swim and kept half drowning and i could hear her being ripped to pieces and :( :( that fucked with my head.
a scary dream i remember having involved the shadow/grim reeper thingi out of scary movie, it was making me climb some wired cliff thingie and it was laughing at me with that scary laugh, it was scary at the time, now i think it is just dumb lol:confused:

Delta One

HSC
I do, i love em, i usually end up killing the ppl in my nightmares, i had a nightmare once i was in SAW II, and i had fallen into the pit with all those needles, that was pretty creepy, but most of the time im armed with a gun and so i kill the ppl who are chasing me. they are soooo much better than normal dreams, normal dreams are so fucking boring, i like it when someone is trying to kill me.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Watch Wolf Creek instead.
Holy shit, amen. :( That movie messed me up for days. I used to have nightmares about Ivan Milat when I was younger (it's kind of hard to explain, because at the time I wasn't really aware of the whole media frenzy surrounding him, I just knew him as that evil man who murdered my mum's friends like two suburbs away) and then when I saw wolf creek those fears just came flooding back to me.

back to the topic: I actually don't have nightmares all that often, and when I do I can normally either change it (ie tell myself in my sleep "I don't like where this is going, I'm going to lie on a beach now") or I wake myself up. The former only works sometimes, but the latter normally never fails. Except sometimes this backfires on me and I'll wake myself up, fall asleep straight away and be back in that dream. And normally I can't wake myself up the second time.

my nightmares are never cool though. They're all the same- someone's trying to kill me, I always force myself to wake up JUST before they succeed.

EDIT: I'm a lucid dreamer too, that's probably why I hate them so much.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)