who finks foundations of law = extremely boring (1 Viewer)

wateva~

hi fellow law frenz

i was estatic when i realised i made it to law but then, after 2 weeks of classes~ i find it is realli realli boring? not to mention the studpid lifts~ Ok maybe its only 2 weeks so i should hang on and dont jump to conclusion that law is crap...im just lost cos i dont know anything bout hte course and wats happnening

anyone else finkin the same? or anyone want to give me some motivations!?!? haha

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
erm .. .... . ...

IF YOU DROP OUT I'LL HAVE LESS COMPETITION- GIVE UP NOW!!!! YAYAY!!!

edit: we're not doing much in foundations that you'll actually be doing as a lawyer, so don't fret. A lot of the history doesn't matter all that much, and maybe you're the sort of person who doesn't like learning things that are a bit irrelevant?

addz

HSC
i reckon its alright..not overly stimulating or interesting...
but its a deeper rehash of legal studies (which i assume you didnt do)...it'll get better...like not as much history as such but rather learning about the courts, crim law, civil law..etc..

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
dudes.... what are u actually doing in ur Foundations class... cos our lecturer Esperraga totally ignores the course material and brings a paper to class everyday and talks over news with us...???

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Wait until you've done your class test - rather than examining you on the development of Australia's legal system, you'll be given a case and will have to analyse it using various lawyerly skills.

You'll get your first real taste of the law next semester with Torts.

minako~k

It's not boring. Reading about how women couldn't become legal practitioners in the past makes me feel special for studying law :)

Anyway Mehera's class isn't boring, esp. when ur unicrush is there.. but he's funni coz he wore a suit and red shirt to class on friday. looked fully like he was going to a formal but HOT!!! :eek:

Last edited:

wateva~

the readings arent the concern~~ i fink its my class~~ its just a bit boring at the moment and nothing relevant to wat im reading

i envy those of u who's having fun in their classes (i.e minako~k)

addz

HSC
leader at law camp tells me esparraga = shit

now i'm a bit worried..

when i said foundations = okay..i meant the actual booklet, not the actual class...in class, he brings a paper and we discuss issues in the paper..
last lesson was a discussion on whether scholarships for more male teachers is discriminatory...
hmm..possibly something to do with parallels with women's rights..but i mite be stretching it there...so yea...the booklet is pretty much self-reading

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's not going to help you pick out the ratio of a case though. :)

Discussions on topical issues are great, but they definitely shouldn't constitute the entirety of the class.

wateva~

is it possible to change law classes 3 weeks into uni......

is there a 'method' to avoid bad teachers/lectureres etc for session 2???

addz

HSC
i think ur sig is just a lil bit too big...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by wateva~
is it possible to change law classes 3 weeks into uni......
Yes. Just make up some excuse for the law office ladies (e.g. other commitments scheduled for that time have recently come up), and hope you get the nice one when you go in to swap classes.

I wouldn't leave it any later though.

addz

HSC
ahh the wonders of a bit of MSpaint cut and paste

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)