who found section 1 the most difficult (1 Viewer)

Kyroth***

HSC
Normally I struggle to finish it 40min, but today i finished with 5 min to spare, which went into my essay! Yayness!

HSC
haha i finished it in like 30 minutes.. uh oh. but it was awful- and so confusing- most of the questions weren't related to journeys!! ...or were they? it was hard. damn inside bookcover... what techniques were there?? they used sentences?? i said they listed things.. haha

Adimus

HSC
section 1 was easy but it took waaay to long. I spent 55min on section 1 and didnt finish the last 5 marker.

45min on the essay ad 20min for creative :p

0Jade0

HSC
I didn't find it difficult, just tedious. I took way too long on it.

Joolz

HSC
Yeah I thought section two was prob the best seeing the pictures preetty much fitted most stories including my pre-prepared one .. and I agree that section I was completely shit-house!!! It took too long...and it was hard to really talk about anything for it.. not to mention the art review and techniques?

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i wouldn't really say that the comprehension was that hard...buts that cause i didnt really get time to read it properly...just skimmed everything briefly then named any technique i could find... :rolleyes: if only i spent more time on comprehension

HSC
did anyone else findit odd that they put the front cover and inside cover of the same book in the exam? ... Kind of limited the scope of ideas that could be coveyed about the journey...

and no bloody obvious physical journey ;_;

I was terrified of S3 when I was going in but I found S1 harder...

mellowdee

on fire...
HSC
yeh.. i found it odd too.. i couldn't find many techniques in all the texts.. the deepest one i rkn was the third one but argh..not many techniques that i could see besides like.. 'descriptive language' and use of 2nd person

betty boop

HSC
those texts in section one just seemed like they were made for imaginative journeys... okay cool...but variation wouldve been nice...i found it a total spin out, like they were playing on words (Book cover/inside book cover)...i honestly nearly missed "inside" and almost treated them like one text...until i was asked to combine them you know...but i thought it was a bit of bullshit...And i feel better hearing that other people had similar difficulties...not just at my school...So lets just hope the BOS utilises its room for improvement opportunity...yes?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I actually had a lot to say. It wasn't HARD - there was just a lot to get down in the short amount of time. Hence why I went over on that section... by about half an hour. Eeek.

joeyjeremy

HSC
Yeah!

Question 1 was pretty tricky i thought!!
But i started off doing Section 3 then Section 2 then finished off with Section 1.
Did Section 3 first because i had i fresh in my mind soo yeah and the big questions always gets me going. Took some time on Section 3 and 2 but i kind of rushed Question 1 a bit becoz i didnt expect there would Section 1 would that thae long! But its ok i attempet all the questions soo i guess HOPE FOR THE BEST!! :p :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
My opinions:

Section 1: the pic was the only think that was alright, the other two text were simply shit house

Section 2: The person who made this ensure that he didnt speak to the dickhead who made section one :p

Section 3: WTF??? the most driest question eva, i hate broad questions.

NT-social

HSC
i think it was just repetative...pretty much most of the questions were asking the same thing...very frustrating

vwola

HSC
aaaman said:
My opinions:

Section 1: the pic was the only think that was alright, the other two text were simply shit house

Section 2: The person who made this ensure that he didnt speak to the dickhead who made section one :p

Section 3: WTF??? the most driest question eva, i hate broad questions.

damn straight. And yeh i found the book cover quite amusing as it looked like the finger was pointing at the guy making him stand out as some sort of a dickhead....the more i looked at it though the more fustrated i got.

sumkid

Goldmember
HSC
last year section1 woz bettr

wot made section1 difficult was the texts lack of relevance 2 journeys but im happy i spent mre time on da othr sections & actually finshd them than watin 2 much time on section which cost me part(f) whioch wa a half assed last minute attempt

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
PublicUser said:
who found section 1 the most difficult
section one is usually more difficult because you dont know the texts, and its usually harder for standard because they put harder texts in there to challenge advanced.

section one in the hsc was easier than it the trials for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)