Who got a crap UAI? I did :( (1 Viewer)

MiSSi

so is anyone planning to repeat year 12?
people are telling me don't repeat just move on.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
my best friend repeated... if you have a lot of regrets about how you did this year, you should do it... its only one extra year which essentially effects the rest of your life

^___^
HSC
but i guess theres pro and cons

if u did shit scaling subjects like mine(std english and IT) then i guess repeating is useless cos its very very hard to make a break through...

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Although I didn't exactly repeat yr12 - I did repeat yr11. Failed the first attempt (too many day absent) - first yr doing yr12 May 2002 I dropped Eng and 2003 I made the decision to go back to TAFE to finish my VCE. Glad I did, might not have received a good ENTER - but at least I have options available now. If you want to repeat just go for it - I had the comments it's not worst going back to complete my VCE (but I did, and do not regret it for a second) - Also, I think most of the time age is a factor deterring ppl from final decisions, whether to repeat or not - but by the time you reach Uni I'd say w/some courses you'd actually find quite a number of students mid 20's +. Heck, my mother met a 2nd yr nursing student in her 30's.

I know TAFE offers a lot of options in Vic for students who did not do well in VCE - and depending on the Uni course after you have finished at TAFE can always go on the next yr & apply to your chosen Uni degree. Best of luck to everyone

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
even though my friend had done pretty well, she repeated yr11...
and now she's coming first in a few subjects and doing extremely well in all the others :) all of us (including teachers) were discouraging her to repeat, but since she's done so much better, and she's aiming for a HIIIIGH uai, i'm happy for her that she did repeat.

but i heard that if you repeat, your subjects don't get scaled????
taht's what happened to my friend's friend who repeated....

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D

but i heard that if you repeat, your subjects don't get scaled????
taht's what happened to my friend's friend who repeated....
Do you all (students who repeat yr12) get a 10% penalty at the end of the yr on your subjects??? Hmm, I wonder if this is why subjects don't get scaled.

Anyway, Vic had some kind of 10% penalty in place for repeated yr12 subjects. I think you lost 10% of your final results - 2003 the VCAA (Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority) had the penalty lifted.

s_a

A penalty for repeating Year 12? Oh my, I hope that's not true. Although I have not heard about any penalty in place in NSW. I don't think it applys here at all.

I'm still deciding what I should do (repeat/TAFE/totally unrelated uni course). ... I've spoken to several people and they've all told me different things.

I'm all for going to TAFE, because I might not make it into any uni course, but I was told to avoid TAFE by some guy from UNSW.

AHHHHH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)