Who got a crap UAI? I did :( (1 Viewer)

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I had no expectations for my UAI because I didn't want to go to uni. I got 85.85 which is pleasing, I guess, but I still don't want to go to uni. I want to do Audio Engineering at SAE so the UAI means bugger all to me.

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
School of Audio Engineering. The Sydney campus is in Surry Hills, but they have one in basically every capital city as well as the head campus at Byron Bay. They also have campuses all around the world...the US, Europe, Asia.

SAE also owns the CGC - Computer Graphics College :D

They also run courses on Multimedia and Digital Film production.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Darth Figgy
I had no expectations for my UAI because I didn't want to go to uni. I got 85.85 which is pleasing, I guess, but I still don't want to go to uni. I want to do Audio Engineering at SAE so the UAI means bugger all to me.
I'll swap with you then.

Nah, TAFE is good for me.

monzi

HSC
The people who work hard, get lower then they expect and the people who dont work as hard get higher uai's ... No justice

sugared plum

HSC
Originally posted by monzi
The people who work hard, get lower then they expect and the people who dont work as hard get higher uai's ... No justice

seriously, the hsc doesn't reflect effort, or ability, or study habits.

i have no idea what it does reflect, but certainly don't think it deserves the esteem and faith placed in it by most people in the community, firstly because it's shit, and secondly because essentially you can do whatever you want WITHOUT a fantastic result.

SLAVE

i agree with all u guys. i only needed a low uai (about 64) to get into my pref course. i got a band 5 (dt) 83% + 4 band 3's ranging 60-69. these 4 subjcts were eng stand, gen maths, hospitality (yeh how stupid was I) and PDHPE - had fingers crossed i'd get the 64 but guess what? 40.1. can any of you experts advise how i could get into UWS Social Science Phychology??? i havent even found any tafe courses that could relate to phychology. i'd be happy to do anything at tafe - after surviving dt mdp's and all - i'm not afraid of the hard work. parents really pissed off so they're not really helping me. after spending $80,000 on your educ...........etc. anyone with any advice before i go sign up with the navy or somethn?????? thought of the police force but u need a driv. lic. - havent even had time to organise that. help please!!

alman

think about it this way:

those who get the high UAI's will eventually be working for those who get the low UAI's..its a fact of life...

is anyone willing to rebuke me?

SLAVE

interesting theory...have u based this on assumption that while all the high UAI's are slaving away on studies the low UAI's are working their way up the career ladders living on their wits, cunning, etc etc.........? if so, u may be right- spoke to careers counsellor yesterday who reckons the degree I won't be able to do cos of my marks probably wasnt goin to get me into anythn worth while anyway - wonder how many ppl hav thought abt the end result and "where to" after they graduate from uni?? (dont anyone gt the wrong idea - i'm not knocking uni just wonderen how many ppl have researched wat their chosen degree will do for thm)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
umm yea theres a course u can do in tafe, its called Laboratory Technology Pathology testing, takes 2 yrs 2 complete, n after that u can transfer to courses in uni... if u need ne more info pm me

^___^
HSC
heh

i got a kinda shit uai..but it will get me into uni..

just that i am pissed cos the subjects i chose were shit scaling...heh!

Benno

HSC
same this scalling is stupid!

Originally posted by sugared plum
seriously, the hsc doesn't reflect effort, or ability, or study habits.

i have no idea what it does reflect, but certainly don't think it deserves the esteem and faith placed in it by most people in the community, firstly because it's shit, and secondly because essentially you can do whatever you want WITHOUT a fantastic result.

thats exactly right! i studied hard and worked hard to get my ranks (2nds and 3rds) for in the high 70's and got ripped off

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by alman
think about it this way:

those who get the high UAI's will eventually be working for those who get the low UAI's..its a fact of life...

is anyone willing to rebuke me?
Yup. Don't see too many orthodontists/optometrists/vets/plastic surgeons working their asses off to earn money for other people do you?

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
nahhh keating did drop out in yr 10.......but then he joined with the labour party and then eventually got a degree in law.and blah blah blah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)