Who got a sh*t uai? Cmon share your pain (1 Viewer)

haque

HSC
Re: Who got a shit uai? Cmon share your pain

LottoX said:
But they'd be more efficient, plus it'd save readers a lot of time.

OSHIT off-topic.
lolz
To the other guys, if u wanna keep attacking me, go for it, if it entertains u guys.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

watatank said:
Yes there is. There is the prestige that is restricted to 20(?) people who CAN say they got 100. Yes thats right haque failed. That number will stay with him for the rest his life and all people are going to talk about when they talk about him is "who? Dr. haque(insert real name)? you mean that guy who ONLY got 99.95? Pft what a loser." He has to live with that for the rest of his life and all you people say is console him with meaningless drivel like "oh, you got a scholarship, medicine, and dux." It's alright for us mere mortals to say this because in the scheme of things we are nothing anyway. He is an overachiever who is meant to get everything and didnt ok? While the rest of us fight for the scraps. Now do you feel his pain?

^^didn't think it was needed but it might be. hope you guys can detect sarcasm^^
Your sarcasm is sh*t. Please cease. You've just taken haque's statement and applied a model of binary opposition to highlight his supposed superiority complex. Which ironically you hold due to your tall poppy syndrome. Fact.

LottoX said:
But they'd be more efficient, plus it'd save readers a lot of time.

OSHIT off-topic.
Bahahhahaha you used to post so many relevant posts and you were actually sincere. What the kent happened :(

P.S. congrats on the offer haque

haque

HSC

Bobness said:
Your sarcasm is sh*t. Please cease. You've just taken haque's statement and applied a model of binary opposition to highlight his supposed superiority complex. Which ironically you hold due to your tall poppy syndrome. Fact.

Bahahhahaha you used to post so many relevant posts and you were actually sincere. What the kent happened :(

P.S. congrats on the offer haque
Thanx Bob, ur a great bloke, ur going to usyd too? Hope to meet u there man and all the best-btw it's all right between me and watatank, he probably just misunderstood me lol.

LaMPshade

HSC

drewgcn said:
And once you see friends/-of-friends who had bigger trifles such as family members dying, parental divorces, car crashes and amputations in their hsc year, you realise that maybe that story of "2 assessment marks your music teacher ripped you off cause he didn't like you even though your performance was the best" really isn't going to generate any sympathy for you.

This isn't directed at anyone in the thread, just something to consider.
=/ like me? Grandma died 2 months before hsc and my granddad beginning of 2006.

I don't think an extra 4uai points from maq compensates for anything. and haque, i think its total bs that you would complain about your 99.95 here in the SHT UAI thread. Complain in your own thread and stop hijacking other threads. You just make yourself sound like an attention seeking Dickhead

LaMPshade

HSC

sickofjourneys said:
lol.

Dude.......... u MUST be curry.
hAHAHAHAHA, thanks for making my day

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC

LaMPshade said:
=/ like me? Grandma died 2 months before hsc and my granddad beginning of 2006.

I don't think an extra 4uai points from maq compensates for anything. and haque, i think its total bs that you would complain about your 99.95 here in the SHT UAI thread. Complain in your own thread and stop hijacking other threads. You just make yourself sound like an attention seeking Dickhead
I'm sorry about your grandparents :(

The 4-5 extra UAI points that the universities offer under the EAS actually makes me laugh, its hiliarous because it does shit all. :rofl:

Obviously if someone's been really effected they're going to need more than that. My UAI was shocking and 4 points wasn't going to help at all. Luckily I got in anyway, I have no idea how though.

Did you end up getting in? I hope so. :)

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC

Haha. This was a nice thread, isn't it funny how people with high uais feel obliged to come here and show off? Seriously, if that's the only way you can feel good about yourself, go get a face lift or something :p

Anyway, get over the whole uai thing.

Approximately...
90% of people who do the hsc will get a uai lower than 90!
50% of people who do the hsc will get lower than 50!
Education must be going to the dogs in this country... you guys should all go hang ur head in shame... heh.

Get the point?

I mean, if you tried your best, well done, you should walk away feeling proud of yourself... if you didn't... well, then it's kinda your own fault right? Anyway... go enjoy your holiday, and the next time you see someone bragging about their high uai, you can remind yourself that they probably only need to cos they're ugly or are some sort of hopeless loser.

BlackDragon

HSC

iyamahobbit said:
90% of people who do the hsc will get a uai lower than 90!
50% of people who do the hsc will get lower than 50!
Thats not true. That's not how the HSC works.

About 14.5% of people get above 90.
And less than 25% get below 50.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Erm, just to clear something up for you people who don't know how to read, haque wasn't showing off or complaining. He had something in his signature that people picked apart here, but it was brought up by other people, not him.

haque

HSC
thanx Jachie, again, for attempting to clarify to the aggro guys that i wasn't hijacking this thread or anythin lol-ppl started attacking my sig and i simply gave my reasons and i don't need people like lampshade or hobbit to congratulate me or anything to make me feel good, i've made it into my course and am happy and i hope everyone here makes it into their course-including lampshade and iamahobbit. Don't really know what the extreme response is for, if u guys just read right from the start u'll understand the whole thing and that i didn't really say or do anything for the subject of the thread to become like this.

I really hope there's no anymousity between anyone here and if i've said something that offends u, i retract it-btw i too waas eligible for eas however i was fortunate enough not to require it.

bos1234

HSC

haque said:
Thanx Bob, ur a great bloke, ur going to usyd too? Hope to meet u there man and all the best-btw it's all right between me and watatank, he probably just misunderstood me lol.
im doing exactly the same subjects as u :D.. hopefully same UAI as well:rofl:

goodluck with things bye

p.s help me on maths ext 1 and 2 forums if i post questions :wave:

bye

HSC
yeah my bad i didnt really read the whole thread...i kinda picked up someones reply and ran with it...so it was just some misunderstanding...my bad.

At the end of the day

"good" UAI = you get into the course you want to do
shit UAI = you didnt get into that said course

haque

HSC
Sure bos1234 and i hope u get a better uai than me and the course u want- i rarely go on the 4u forum, but if i see a few q u post up i'll try them(lol i've become really lazy)

Watatank, i have no issues with what u said(actually i thought it was pretty funny) btw what school u go to?(i know it's selective, iwas just curious) and how much u bench lol(I haven't done any weights for a while, stupid hsc-btw i'm asking on the assumption of ur name being what a tank)

HSC
I went to one of those regional selective schools youve probably never heard of :p. smith's hill high school in wollongong. only selective school in the region, so we have a bit of a rep...in our local area...but we dont hold much weight put next to the sydney schools :D lol.

i dont think im much of a tank to be honest lol. I was never good at benching...so im not sure, not very much. and in any case I slacked off in my hsc year....pity too..because I don't think it would have made much difference to my uai lol. watatank (well the tank part was) was just some random name bestowed upon me that i saw and liked, and i decided to use it as my screenname for things.

bos1234

HSC
haque said:
Sure bos1234 and i hope u get a better uai than me and the course u want- i rarely go on the 4u forum, but if i see a few q u post up i'll try them(lol i've become really lazy)
ok thanks

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC

Thats not true. That's not how the HSC works.

About 14.5% of people get above 90.
And less than 25% get below 50.
Hence the use of the word "approximately". I might have been more than a little bit off, but if that matters, then you're missing the point: you should feel proud of yourself because you tried your best or because you got into the course you wanted to. And we all need to remember that those people with 99 wouldn't have such a nice looking number for their uai if there weren't people sitting on uais of 50, 60, 70, etc, who didn't do as well. If you think that getting a uai of 99 makes you "better" than a person that got 50, then i reckon you seriously need to get things into perspective. It's a general statement, i'm not pointing my finger at anyone. But they know who they are.

A note: I'm not attacking people here just because they have high uais. I'm sure there's a number of people who did very well who don't feel the need to show it off. But I'm not attacking people who did well and say so either. (Though I think it is generally preferable to be modest about our achievements, we don't all agree on that, do we?)

I'm not picking on haque, or anyone in particular. I'm just making a general statement because i did skim this thread, and it's quite obvious to me that there are people here posting their comparatively high uais to boost their own ego, and i think it's kinda pathetic to say the least. If that doesn't apply to you, you needn't feel i'm attacking you just because you think you got a high uai (maybe you just have a guilty conscience). Read my posts: I'm not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)