Who got an offer for unsw med?? (2 Viewers)

Beats

HSC
oh, and i am going to that advising session in feb...btw we dont get to choose any electives atm right?

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
>>oh, and i am going to that advising session in feb...btw we dont get to choose any electives atm right?

Nope. Not for a while.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
Fosweb said:
>>oh, and i am going to that advising session in feb...btw we dont get to choose any electives atm right?

Nope. Not for a while.
didnt kno there were electives in med...
so ... wat can we choose from then

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
electives in med/?? not that i know of. at least, definitely not for first years. second years can start doin gen eds tho...

vertical integration... just when we thought they'd thought of every possible way to stuff us up, they take things to a whole new dimension...

it means the first years do class with the second years and we learn the same things... which is what foster means by "u could be in class with us", or at least, either of us if we dont get split up.

and oh yeah. foundations. that messes u up in the head... ^^* or at least, sets the tone for the rest of the year... hehe..

Fosweb

HSC
From our internal site:
Phase 3 will comprise a minimum of 9 clinical courses. Six of these will have a specified major focus (Children's Health/Women's Health/Mental Health/Internal Medicine/ Surgery/Primary Care), and each course will be available in a variety of clinical environments (e.g. metropolitan teaching hospital/community-based/rural/emergency care). All courses will provide a cross-disciplinary learning experience. The remaining courses will be electives.
Unsure of how that works though. In terms of electives.

Last edited:

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Welcome to The Club

On the issue of splitting classes, I've "heard" that we keep half our current SGS and mix with the first years to fill up the spots.

I've also "heard" that they'll do two of the same lectures in a row to split us up. Don't know how that one is going to work though, seeing as us med students all love to customise our timetables. Fitting 500 people into Biomed A so we can all get an early mark doesn't seem plausible to me.

Last edited:

Fosweb

HSC
Nah Kim... I reckon part of the idea of combining us is cost cutting, so they only have to give the lecture once. I.e... they can teach two years worth of med with half the staff and half the hours for lectures.

However if they do decide to run it twice, bags being in the later starting lectures in mornings, and earlier finishing lectures on friday afternoons...

But we wont have free scenario group rooms when we want to do groupwork anymore.

georgia86

Just wondering, what do you do in Foundations and why is it terrible? You've got me scared :S

scandal

HSC
Hello from another Med II representative

Congrats to the newcomers - will be seeing you shortly - cant believe it was me a year ago

Come to medcamp - lots of fun

And the final word goes to foundations....... shudders at the memories lol

nah truly its ok, we survived - youll be fine - nothign to be scarred of ... promise .... its can even be fun :rolleyes:

Fosweb

HSC
Ah you'll find out in due course.

Don't listen to scandal. We all barely got through foundations. Shudder is right...

Kelvy

HSC
I dunno how to "quote" ppl on this forum :p But regarding my comment about "SHITTY UNSW" lol well I'll live with it - I wanna do med, its jus unlucky that its at UNSW :p *waits to get shot*

Umm.......oh yea! To the 2nd yr med students - How many hours a week would first year med be approx?

THanks

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Kelvy said:
I dunno how to "quote" ppl on this forum :p But regarding my comment about "SHITTY UNSW" lol well I'll live with it - I wanna do med, its jus unlucky that its at UNSW :p *waits to get shot*
How did you get into med in the first place when you don't even know how to quote people? :D :D

Kelvy said:
Umm.......oh yea! To the 2nd yr med students - How many hours a week would first year med be approx?
Med people have relatively less contact hours coz they are all bludgers :D

Fosweb

HSC
Kelvy said:
Between 18-21 depending on how nice UNSW is that week.

You will begin to hate the timetable very quickly.

Kelvy

HSC
Survivor39 said:
How did you get into med in the first place when you don't even know how to quote people? :D :D

Med people have relatively less contact hours coz they are all bludgers :D
Ooo! A "quote" button!! I found it!!

BUt anyway, can anyone gimme an approximate number for hours per week? (Plz be bludgy :p)

Kelvy

HSC
Fosweb said:
Between 18-21 depending on how nice UNSW is that week.

You will begin to hate the timetable very quickly.
Oh okay, thanks!!

Jaded Member
HSC
georgia86 said:
Just wondering, what do you do in Foundations and why is it terrible? You've got me scared :S
muahaha.. =)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we had 17 contact hours a week when we first started. now i think its up to about 23.

you'll be goin to uni five days.
you wont be able to change your timetable.

Jaded Member
HSC
jang said:
haha... yes kelvy....................

umm i dun think 18-21 hours is relatively less contact hours -_-''
you'd change your mind pretty quickly if u knew anyone doin science or engineering =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)