Who got an offer for unsw med?? (1 Viewer)

Kelvy

HSC
This online thing really shits me.....

I think I may have asked this question earlier but I'm still confused.....yeayea I'm slow :p Forgive me haha

Umm...I've applied for arts/med at the moment, like the online stuff is finished (well i haven't enrolled the subjects I'm doing for semester 1 but i dun really get much of a choice...:S ). My question is, what if I want to change it back to med? Cos I can't find any random button online which allows me to do that :p I heard from someone that the selection of arts/med on this online process doesn't mean its final i.e. I can change my preference sometime later? Like in during first yr? Is that how it works?

Thanks

envy87

HSC
Aloquacious, how did u get an interview with those marks, which even you seem to acknowledge are comparatively low. I mean even if u had a predicted/acutal uai of 100, you still needed a mark around 160 just to get an interview....

how were you granted special consideration?.....

congrats btw

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Kelvy - You wont be asked whether you want to do arts/med until much later. The degree stays exactly the same until some time in 3rd year (there's an extra 48(?)cp of subjects slotted in between 3rd and 4th year (i think)). Listen out for it, talk to the office sometime later.

Aloquacious: Congrats. Are you rural?

aloquacious

HSC
N/A
I applied via rural students entry scheme cuz i lived in the country when i was younger, that's how i got a second round interview. But even so, I don't think I would have gotten a very high rural rating cuz I've been in sydney for quite a while now... Interview was mad tho, cuz I had no idea that the woman I'd been talking to for half an hour b4 the interview was my interviewer lol. I'd just been sitting in the waiting room talking about the crazy new years eve party... lol. Then she's like... well here we go, and took me into the interview room lol. I was like :eek: i've ruined it already!!! argh!!! but then the interview was pretty fun, the 2 interviewers were really nice, and they kept laughing like crazy everytime I said something (hopefully with me not at me, hehe)... so yeah good interview :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Skywalker said:
Well I guess the source I got the info from may have been biased: she transferred to UNSW after 1 year in Newie med. Among many things she said:

i) They have a big board somewhere in the building where you go to check assignments etc. You don't even get official notice of exams/work, you have to go and find it out yourself from notices stuck up around the place
ii) No anatomy classes
iii) No indication about the scope of the exam - meaning you stress yourself studying as much as possible to make sure you've covered everything
iv) Pass/Fail system doesn't let you know how well/bad you really performed in exams
Adel has the same structure as newie.. cos we got MEU too and well they bought the course from newie..
i) we are given official notice
ii) no anatomy but we hav resource labs = "anat path histo"
iii)well isnt reality lik that? lolz umm ok.. here we are the same..
iv) we hav fail.. borderline fail.. borderline pass.. and pass.. and each section is marked.. so u kno wats sh*t..

umm i think melb is pretti decent.. just lik i cant imagine wat the ppl like... no interviews.. i wonder if they hav proportionately more jerks? the guys i kno from melb are real nice ^^

Beats

HSC
scandal said:
Hello from another Med II representative

Congrats to the newcomers - will be seeing you shortly - cant believe it was me a year ago

Come to medcamp - lots of fun :
hey- just wondering where u guys went for the medcamp and what u did etc
will it be annoying if not 18 by then?

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Beats said:
hey- just wondering where u guys went for the medcamp and what u did etc
will it be annoying if not 18 by then?
Ask other people to get you booze. And don't sit around doing nothing except playing cards with Ruse kids.

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
uh.........what
I'm laffing HO HO HO

How was medcamp btw? Oh and is it true you guys have 33 Rusers in your year?

Last edited:

Kelvy

HSC
Its something like 33 :p

Getting booze at medcamp is not an issue.....just rock up and ask - no one questioned me......

Ritaann

UNSW here I come... late
HSC
Hey, Im new to the forum just poping round to see what all you uni folks are like,
I can tell you right now Id almost *kill* to be any one of you people doing med at UNSW... the UMAT isnt what scares me, its the UAI that does... you've all done so well and I can't at the moment image getting over 90 UAI.

Good luck to you all
~Ritaann

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)