Who got holiday Homework :) (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
Wow back when I was in year12 we did no homework in any of the holidays- not counting the ones before Trials where i studied.. ehehehe....
your my idol haha ! 97 still =P

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
pLuvia said:
I wouldn't call your Assumed Knowledge assignments stupid, as they give you a head start to the subject. You should appreciate them :p
My mistake, the way or tone it which i expressed my obselete opinion, was a bit stupid...I do appreciate them! That being said i still don't like them, mainly english and engineering, the rest i enjoy!

pLuvia said:
Also, if you don't want to trouble BoS members publicly, then PM one of us if we do any of your subjects. Seeing that I do Chemistry, both of your Maths, and English and I did do year 11 Biology please PM me, or else PM someone else. I'm sure many people would want to help you
Any who, I was trying to be modest but i am sure it wasn't troubling them anyway, as i'm aware folk on BoS tend to like the idea of helping others,THats THE IDEA OF BoS!

Thanks Pluvia

...JONO...

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
the school stacked me with homework this holiday...

1. modern history essay x5
2. summarise WWI
3. summarise topic one (economics)
4. summarise section I (legal studies)
5. read 'emma' (english)
6. summarise chapters of 'emma' and provide character detail
7. read 'tradegy of king lear' (english)
8. write a feature article (english)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Our school didn't give out much homework amazingly... even during school term- the homework was always just do what you didn't get time to do during class, and 99% of the time the work could've been finished in class whilst eating/talking... so that never became a problem?

*shrugs* I know some schools give bucketloads of hw, but what's the point if the ppl doing it aren't in the mood? That's my reasoning anyway... although I think the point of not giving homework is it's meant to draw on one's initiative to do something (which for me meant- Let's go read BoS forums!).

Good luck in your HSC guys^^ Don't fret too much. It could be worse. And if any of you guys apply for cadetships remember to post it on the Employment forum!

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Yep, holiday homework here. *hand up* As well as that gargantuan ExtII English thing.

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
having a heavy workload is so demotivating and such a joy killer esp. since it's the holidays.

i'd rather set my own task and goals throughout the holidays.

anyone agree?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
TYCOT said:
having a heavy workload is so demotivating and such a joy killer esp. since it's the holidays.

i'd rather set my own task and goals throughout the holidays.

anyone agree?
yep i agree. basically i've been doing my own private study throughout the holidays as my teachers had set no homework for us (except for modern history). i feel much more relax doing it as i know i can do it at my own pace =]`

Kaz Man

HSC
homework? why talk about it when you should be doing it x]

1. find related texts for english
2. read texts for english
3. a stack of 4u maths sheets
4. chapter 8 out of the yr 12 3u cambridge
5. summarise first 2 and a half chapters of economics
6. china research for economics
7. stack of sheets on topic 2 for business studies
8. chem dot point notes
9. past papers if I can get the time to look at (no, not my own work, teachers set this too)

I guess the point in giving us homework for the holidays was so that we won't get into the trap of not finishing the whole course. It's crazy sometimes how much stuff adds up to. You get a bit from each teacher and soon you've got so much stuff it's not funny.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kaz Man said:
1. find related texts for english
2. read texts for english
3. a stack of 4u maths sheets
4. chapter 8 out of the yr 12 3u cambridge
5. summarise first 2 and a half chapters of economics
6. china research for economics
7. stack of sheets on topic 2 for business studies
8. chem dot point notes
9. past papers if I can get the time to look at (no, not my own work, teachers set this too)
I hope you have started, because that is a hell of alot of work to do there, and there's very little time till school starts again. How much have you done?

Mumma

HSC
Chapter 10 3U cambridge Geometry of the Derivative (Year 11 Book, it was end-of-year homework but i was too exhausted to bother doing it)
Work on software major project
Read brave new world
yeah thats about it

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
Mumma said:
Chapter 10 3U cambridge Geometry of the Derivative (Year 11 Book, it was end-of-year homework but i was too exhausted to bother doing it)
Work on software major project
Read brave new world
yeah thats about it
hey Mumma my Girra pal, i've nearly finished chapter 10, and finished BNW, it was alright, lame ending.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Something tells me I probably should've done something during my holidays a year ago... oh well! >_>

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
With the long listed that people have recorded I hope we have all made a start on the 'holiday homework', I know I have but there is still some things that I want to complete and get in order by school starts again......oh well there is still time. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)