Who got in? (1 Viewer)

EvilElmo

HSC
I didn't apply in main round.

I will try my luck in the Late round, as a mature age student as well. So probably won't make it in this year.

Going to Ku-ring-gai hopefully. Will let you all know I guess.

Peteage

HSC
I also got into B of nursing at city. Are you guys going to the 28/1 enrollment day? Also, do we need to buy any textbooks/equipment on enrollment day from co-op?

Ivich

HSC
I also got into B of nursing at city. Are you guys going to the 28/1 enrollment day? Also, do we need to buy any textbooks/equipment on enrollment day from co-op?
Im going on the 28th of january for enrollment day, and the on the 16 of Febuary for Orientation day. but im not so sure about the buying of equipment/textbooks. maybe someone else can answer that..?
So excited :D

HSC
On that day u will try uniforms on etc and u can order there if u have a credit card. Otherwise u can take an order form and send it in to the company promptly so u get ur uniforms in time for clinical. (Depending on whether they still do this, its been 2 yrs now)

Also with buying books from coop, u dont have to buy them straight away on that day. The essential books come in a 4 pack which is roughly $360 and it includes 2 large texts plus 1 large medical/nursing dictionary and a drug book (pretty sure thats the last one in the pack). I got them within a week after the enrolment just so i could flick through and have a look cause i was interested :p

In terms of equipment, they give u a list of everything needed and u can go to the coop store (if ur in the city its the one up near broadway that has all the medical equipment) and buy it whenever. However some things u might need during ur labs e.g. cpr mask. Just try to prioritise cause it can be expensive buying it all at once.

Main thing that happens on enrolment day is learning how to enrol into your subs. When i did mine there was a quick 30min session given in one of the computer labs where they taught u how to use the student admin applications and enrol into the subjects for the yr.

Hope this helps guys! :)

Last edited:

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Hey georgie... im going into 2nd year... any heads up/tips etc?... Ive been enjoying break too much to get back into uni... is it full on at the beginning?

HSC
Yea don't worry i totally get the whole enjoying holidays too much to get back into it, at least ive got my AIN job so thats kept me with it a little.

Ahhh 2nd yr first sem... Definately keep on top of the assignments. If its the same as last yr theres only a short period of time that ur at uni before u have clinical, but there is a large chunk of time off then, so be careful not to procrastinate too much there :p. Def get on top of the childrens nursing assessment!!

Ummm i think i found 2nd sem a bit more hectic cause there was an extra week of clinical and less time off to do assessments.

Goodluck!

Ivich

HSC
hey, just another question. Since im @ the city campus, is there any specific reason why we have to go to the Kuring-gai campus at our 3rd year?

HSC
The stupid rules of the nursing faculty i guess, i think initially nursing back in the day was run at the KG campus and many of the nursing teaching staff have their offices there etc so in 3rd yr we get sent there. Dont worry at least u have 2 yrs to go till then, i have to enjoy the lovely drive up into the bush in only a few weeks time :(

rivqah

HSC
I go to kuring gai and i much prefer the trip there to the city.
Mainly because I drive there and so it's a lot quicker and more comfortable than catching the peak hour train.
I think the campus is more laid back and cozy.
I would hate being a city student.
I think going to the city once a week is more than enough. :s

HSC
City campus is only 20min drive or 30min bus trip in for me, hence now having to travel over the bridge is a bit of a pain. Ive also gone to KG campus when i had to enrol and a few other times and the campus is just so out of the way from the main rd, and to get there by public transport its 2 buses and a train trip. Thnxs god im not at uni that many days a week and i can afford to drive :)

I dunno just my little whinge lol

HSC
Yea usually they send u an email.. but im pretty sure that covers it all. Def take ur offer letter and some ID.

Peteage

HSC
What do we need to take to enrolment? I didnt get an email telling me like were supposedly meant to..

I was planning on taking 100 points of ID, offer letter, credit card to buy books/uniforms etc.. am i missing anything?

Thanks.
I didnt get any such email either, but after you enrolled on UTSSTART there was a 'What to bring list' which said:
- A print out of conformation email/ UTS offer letter/ UAC letter of offer (just one)
- UTS webmail password to access web-enrollment
- Photo ID, or proof of identity with signature - all international students must bring their passport
- Permanent residents are to bring their passports or visa labels indicating the date permanent residency was granted
- a blue or black pen

There wasnt anything about 100 points of ID, but I downloaded a pdf which had the 100 point check list and I couldnt find where I got it (although I am certain it was somewhere on the UTS site). So bring your birth certificate as well as you drivers licence (this equals 100 points) although I am not sure if we need it.

Nickytoto

HSC
Hey georgie... im going into 2nd year... any heads up/tips etc?... Ive been enjoying break too much to get back into uni... is it full on at the beginning?
2nd year seemed heavier to me, med-surg nursing classes seem more advanced but at least the people in the class are more switched on :) A higher standard of assignments are expected, I found I had to lift my game even more to pull a D assignment. Just plan ahead of time, don't be afraid to ask for time off work if you need to, etc.

Don't worry Georgie, I had a look at the breakdown for the timetable for Spring, most days there out of the week are 1 or 2, very occasionally 3. There is lots of clinical to make up for it :)

HSC
Yea i know ive done my uni schedule and its not that many days there but its still a pain in the ass having to drive out there :p

Clinical will prob be like 6-7 weeks all up each semester probs seeing as we're never there.

purplemonkey

HSC
:party: I got a final round offer for nursing in the City! WOO HOO!!!

Hey when you guys tried to get onto UTS Start, did you have to wait 24 hours before it would let you activate the Webmail, coz that's what its doing to me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)