Who got offer for Adv Sience @ USyd? (1 Viewer)

zeropoint

HSC
dark_angel said:
hahahahah so do i

edit: hmmm.... i think we should both join the martial arts club at usyd....
Is there actually a martial arts club at usyd? Sounds cool. Do you know if it is mainly focused on sparring competition arts like tae kwan do or is it a general interest club?

zeropoint

HSC
LoneShadow said:
aND thnx the rest of uz......despite da fact dat u forgot about my problem...:eek:
I hope for our sake it isn't a `problem'. If is is a problem, then you can feel comfort in the fact that you're not alone! We can even help each other out if you should decide to reveal your secret identity ;). It does seem a little weird how we're all going to the same uni. I suppose talking to people on the internet who you've never met before makes them seem slightly unphysical. Oh well, for the record, I'm James. It looks like my subjects are fairly common amongst this board, so I guess I might see you 'round.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
hahahahah so do i

edit: hmmm.... i think we should both join the martial arts club at usyd....
*thinking:...damn...was trying to pull off a bluff....but didnt work the way I wanted it...:eek:*

ahhhem...yeah....we could....but remember to have respect for ur elders.:D

0.pnt said:
I hope for our sake it isn't a `problem'. If is is a problem, then you can feel comfort in the fact that you're not alone! We can even help each other out if you should decide to reveal your secret identity . It does seem a little weird how we're all going to the same uni. I suppose talking to people on the internet who you've never met before makes them seem slightly unphysical. Oh well, for the record, I'm James. It looks like my subjects are fairly common amongst this board, so I guess I might see you 'round.
lol.....well...if you said ur name...then I'll find you...and you'll knu my name:D.....gee dat sounded gay.........

....anyways...I'm Mohammad.

and amin to wat u said......don't worry I'll help you if you get stuck in quick sands...:D...jkn!

Sooper Dooper Ham said:
Ppl with prior programing experience could be advantaged or disadvantaged depending on their attitude. Some think that they know it all and do not pay attention to the material. Since most self-learners are likely to develop some bad programing habits, these guys tend to continue on the wrong track and often end up struggling.

Ppl without prior experience can develop the skills from scratch. They tend to pay more attention and hence are more likely to follow the right ways. There were ppl who entered uni knowing nothing about computing, but graduated with uni medals after 4 years. So no need to worry. Try advanced.
you are quite right...but i'm quite a nice programmer....I never do anything dirty and disgusting. You'll love my algorithms.:D........and I'll make sure I'll pay attention to wat teahcers say:eek:.

AC Milan (not ac-milian:D) said:
I was worried about doing advanced SOFT without any programming experience (unless you consider HSC SDD and VB experience) but i asked the advisor and she said out of 20 advanced students, 3 have any experience in programming and out of those 3 only 1 would have any experience that could help them in the course (ie. the other 2 would only know basic stuff taught in the first weeks)
I don't consider HSC SDD experience that make uni SOFT 1901 very easy...but I think it is sufficient to give us an introduction on what to expect in uni. And I believe that's a substantial plus.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
As a tocken of my appretiation of your invaluable efforts to provide positive and helpful .....helps.....ahem.....I will give you all 1 rep point.....except dark_angel...cuz I fear he might punch me up later.:D

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
featherless duck??!! >< that's some nice comment ppfftt...

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
LoneShadow said:
As a tocken of my appretiation of your invaluable efforts to provide positive and helpful .....helps.....ahem.....I will give you all 1 rep point.....except dark_angel...cuz I fear he might punch me up later.:D
oh you're too kind, let me give you some rep for the heck of it. Sharing the love

how the heck do you choose how many rep points to give? This rep system is gay(no offense to whoever thought of it first)

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
featherless duck??!! >< that's some nice comment ppfftt...

lolz...:eek:.....I remember once I said "I'll pull your feathers off..."....and then you said u had no feathers...:D...so...yeah,.........now u knu y......:eek:

...*sniff*..*sniff*....I'm sowy if i wor ruude...:(

Last edited:

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
LoneShadow said:
the first thing i learnt was not to fight unless it is absolutely necessary......lol u guyz are funny, i dont think ive ever even been in a real fight before...

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
zeropoint said:
Is there actually a martial arts club at usyd? Sounds cool. Do you know if it is mainly focused on sparring competition arts like tae kwan do or is it a general interest club?
hi james (if i may call u that :) ) !

i'm not quite too sure, i think it might be a bit of both, i'll have to check up on it later....

edit: all i really want to do is borrow the sparring room and spar with ppl :)

Last edited:

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
LoneShadow said:
whats the point of a rep system anyway? its not like some arcade where u gather up all ur "rep points" and get a shitty little toy in the end!!!!

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
whats the point of a rep system anyway? its not like some arcade where u gather up all ur "rep points" and get a shitty little toy in the end!!!!

lol.....:eek::D

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
*this reply has no purpose except to bring up my 100th post*

edit: *woooohooooooo...i'm a member now...:eek:*

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
lolz...:eek:.....I remember once I said "I'll pull your feathers off..."....and then you said u had no feathers...:D...so...yeah,.........now u knu y......:eek:

...*sniff*..*sniff*....I'm sowy if i wor ruude...:(
kekeke tha'ts ok...

so look fwd to see all u guys this yr... main reason is that i am no longer the youngest in uni no more .... i am now a 2nd yr'er... there are 1st yr'er who are younger than me ^^b

nesstar

On the subject of advanced units...is it a bad thing then to only do 1/2 your units at advanced level? Cos people seem to be expressing a negative opinion of ppl who don't do everything at advanced level. That's what I planned to do....cos I'm sure I won't handle adv maths (i got 92 for 3u and 93 for 2u in hsc)...and i want to do bioethics (no adv stream...)...so is this going to negatively affect me in any way?

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
nesstar said:
On the subject of advanced units...is it a bad thing then to only do 1/2 your units at advanced level? Cos people seem to be expressing a negative opinion of ppl who don't do everything at advanced level. That's what I planned to do....cos I'm sure I won't handle adv maths (i got 92 for 3u and 93 for 2u in hsc)...and i want to do bioethics (no adv stream...)...so is this going to negatively affect me in any way?
i dont think it will, but dont take my word for it...

also, i just found out that adv units scale more...which all of the ppl at enrolement FAILED TO MENTION

hence i also opted for taking half at advanced, but now, once MYUNI GETS BACK ONLINE (any sooner?!?!) i will be changing all to adv.

i only got 93 for 3u

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
btw...just a question.....How many students does USyd accept into adv science each year?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
well dont forget those who do BSc(adv)/BComm, BSc(adv)/arts, BSc(adv)/Engineering, BSc(adv)/Law, BSc(adv)/Education, and the list goes on.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
btw...just a question.....How many students does USyd accept into adv science each year?
alot....

it's relaly hard to say anyway... cuz if u do b sci, and doin the courses as a adv student would, then u might as well be an adv student...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
...ohhhhh......I see........but...how da hell they determine vacancies then?.....:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)