• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who got top UAI in course (2 Viewers)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Is their a way to know what the highest UAI of someone in a particular course

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
No, only the person who got their uai will know, unless they told their friends. You could ask everyone in the course :p but that would take far too long.

MoNNiE

HSC
you can only speculate :p
or as cape says... ask around~
the highest i've found so far is 99.5 -- lured in by a 10,000$ scholarship :p

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Why would you bother? Is it really important to know what someone else scored?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure I got the lowest UAI for my course...other than fee-paying students anyway....cause i got the exact cut-off mark for my course.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
noneother said:
Why would you bother? Is it really important to know what someone else scored?
It allows you to gauge the calibre of the ppl you are competing against

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
clive said:
but UAI isnt that good of an indication of how a person will go at uni
Its all relative, cause if you got a person who got a UAI of 98.?? competing against someone with a UAI of 80.?? well won't the person with the higher UAI find things easier and get better marks then someone with the lower UAI

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The uni rank means nothing when you reach uni, you forget about it. And the uai shouldn't be used to measure against the canditure. You might find that a person with a uai of 60 something suits the degree easier than someone with a uai of 99 something. Although, that extreme doesn't usually take place.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I have no idea what most people's UAIs are. Although one of my friends did her HSC in 99 i think and got a fantastic UAI, but didnt want to study.. so she has come back as a mature age student and is having lots of trouble understanding whats going on... My uai was so so and im having no troubles.. i dont think the UAI has much to do with how well people will go at uni... its a totally different learning environment

The_DJ

HSC
I also scrapped into my course last year.. and i know for a fact that uai and how well you do at uni is weakly correlated..

If you just scrapped into a course, you have as much capability with someone who got a higher uai.. remember there's scaling involved.. so hard work sometimes does not show with your uai. Also, there is a cultural difference between school and uni, some will improve in the new environment some may find it a little difficult to adjust..

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I scraped into my course with all the extra points that i got etc etc and im sitting on a D average... it depends on how much you put into the work and whether your heart is in it.... i mean the HSC pissed me off because it was structured and my art teacher didnt let me do what i wanted... i desperately want to be a special needs teacher, now im in the course and doing really well!!

i dont think UAI indicates ur ability in a uni course at all!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
i dont think UAI indicates ur ability in a uni course at all!
Thats true. Cause uni is much more hard work and more independence to compared high school and theres no syllabus for university. The UAI is only a rank to measure people who did the HSC the same year as you. UAI isn't like a mark of your IQ. There aren't only recent school leavers at uni. The competition at uni is much greater than what it was at highschool.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
natstar said:
no becuase the UAI is only a rank of ur performance relative to the rest of the canidature, in 5 or more subjects. It has nothing do to with how you will perform in uni, becuase what u studied in high school may be completley different to what you study at uni.

the UAI is actually measured against the entire co-hort, that means everyone who graduated year 12 with you AND year 10... so that includes school leavers in year 10 as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)