• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who got top UAI in course (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
no becuase the UAI is only a rank of ur performance relative to the rest of the canidature, in 5 or more subjects. It has nothing do to with how you will perform in uni, becuase what u studied in high school may be completley different to what you study at uni.
Now days alot of Courses have prerequiset subjects you need to do ay school, so the ppl doing one course at uni would have had to do the same subjects in HSC

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
Now days alot of Courses have prerequiset subjects you need to do ay school, so the ppl doing one course at uni would have had to do the same subjects in HSC
Most universities no longer have prerequisite subjects anymore. I think that your getting confused with assumed knowledge. And you don't have to have done the subjects for assumed knowledge - its only advisable. You can get away without having done the subjects. Or you can do bridging courses like natstar said.

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Ok, alright im just trying to gauge how hard its going to be to keep up a credit or higher average in my course

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Korn said:
It allows you to gauge the calibre of the ppl you are competing against
The median UAI of the students taking your degree programme would give you a better indication.

This data could potentially be obtained by making enquiries at the relevant institutions.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
It has no correlation in how you will perform at uni.
I partly disagree. UAI has SOME correlation in how you'll perform at uni. A student with a UAI of 60 is highly UNLIKELY to get a higher average than someone will a UAI of 99. Am I not correct?

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
I want to find out the top UAI for my course to see if i have a chance at getting the Smartstart scholarship. :D They allocated extra places to nursing so if I knew the top UAI I could get an idea. My UAI was 79 and the cutoff was 60, so I might have a chance.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
It is also highly unlikely that a person with a UAI of 60 would be doing the same course as a person with a UAI of 99.
But my analogy would still work comparing a UAI of 99 and 80-90.

hello99999

HSC
i think the thing is, you can't really get a really good UAI unless you're very hardworking and talented. but just because someone didn't get a good UAI, it doesn't mean that they aren't intelligent, because the UAI is really only about 1 yr of school and a few assessment tasks and someone might have just had a bad year or be talented but not bothered to work hard or something. does that make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)