Who has been the greatest live act ever? (1 Viewer)

Dis Amrahs

HSC
Best Live gigs ive seen were Iggy and the Stooges (at the Big Day Out a few years ago) The James Muller Trio (frequent at the soundlounge) and The Necks (Factory Theatre earlier this year and hopefully All Tomorrows Parties in Jan next year)

Edit: The Best of all time - I can't pick one so
- Miles Davis at the Isle of Wight, John Coltrane at Olatunji, Radiohead (I don't know which gig it was) Hendrix at Woodstock, Zakir Hussein and John Mclaughlin and their Shakti collaboration wouldve been a leap for fusion so them too.

Last edited:

sonnysburning

HSC
Muse at Festival Hall. - Matt just keeps going.. 3 encores man!

The Cure at the Rod Laver - 3 hours straight/no support. go off Robert Smith. Sound was incredible.

Sigur Rós at the Hordern - unexplainable.

:D:D

sonnysburning

HSC
dah just realised ever, not seen. sorry. :shy:
that question is too hard.
:D
i like everyone elses suggestions, there's not one bad one.. though a fantomas dvd i saw.. woh. that is intense.
who's seen them?
comments?

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
my most wanted to see bands are boredoms and acid mothers temple

amt i trust will continue to release cds and tour until kawabata makoto is on his deathbed but boredoms i dunno about, they don't play as frequently...in any case, either of them playing in aus is kinda unlikely.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
Queens of the Stone Age would be amazing live. Josh Homme is a brilliant singer. Which album were they touring off?

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Dis Amrahs said:
Queens of the Stone Age would be amazing live. Josh Homme is a brilliant singer. Which album were they touring off?
It was this year, so they were touring off Era Vulgaris. I wish I could have seen them earlier however it was the only and first time they came to Hobart so I had to go haha.

bliss2223

I have a cunning plan...
HSC
muse.
no competition.
saw them at bdo AND at the entertainment centre.
Bellamy is god.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
newmz89 said:
It was this year, so they were touring off Era Vulgaris. I wish I could have seen them earlier however it was the only and first time they came to Hobart so I had to go haha.
I thought Era Vulgaris was a pretty good album.. Great Melodies and really really layered riffs that didnt get oppressively over the top but built up well.. Homme and Yorke are two of the best modern rock singers.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Dis Amrahs said:
I thought Era Vulgaris was a pretty good album.. Great Melodies and really really layered riffs that didnt get oppressively over the top but built up well.. Homme and Yorke are two of the best modern rock singers.
yeah its good, i just wish I could have seen their like self titled album tour, that is my fave album.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
Fair enough. I wish i could see radiohead live.. Will they be playing here anytime?

Beege

HSC
Dis Amrahs said:
Fair enough. I wish i could see radiohead live.. Will they be playing here anytime?
We can only hope, 2009 is a huge possibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)