• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who Has Had Their Trials? (1 Viewer)

~untitled~

HSC
Haha, music trials worth 55%... :hyperventilate:.... :bomb: erm, im gunna die...

noobsgetowned

HSC
Yeah Whoever has done trials if can help/give advice for PDHPE and IPT =)

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
I finished my trials... not much advise I can give other than study for it DAYS before. All nighter just aren't as helpful especially when you realise that 4 hours has passed and you haven't even covered half of the freakin core.

Specific advise for subjects I did:

English -
if you study by memorising essays at least use 2 days not just 1 night.
Im assuming it'll be one of your first exam so this would be the one that you'd be most nervous for. =)

PDH -
If you can write well all you have to do is pretty much know the content.
If you're cramming, I think its quite pointless to be writing practice responses unless you're going to remember them.

For the op; Questions we got asked about in the extended responses:
-Core 1 - Ottowa charter and how it's applied to MVA, effects of obesity in Australian health
- Core 2 - Nature of skill, managing Anxiety
-Options : Sports med - Safety equipments and how it affects the well being of athletes & why sports med has a focus on children and young ath.

Society & Culture -
HA.. Prepare yourselves for the extended response.. If your teacher isn't going to use past exam questions, there's only hundreds of things that you have to study for. Out of that hundred, only two will be asked for each option. =)

study how the "key concepts" (there should be around 15+ for each topic plus 9 main concepts) can be linked to the actual points of the topic.

eg. POP culture.
link between institutional power and consumption of pop cult.

Chem -
Oh dear. This was a guaranteed disaster for me so I didn't bother.

Most importantly, SLEEP!..

For all you crammers out there, all nighters are only most effective for assessment tasks. So sleep well before your exam otherwise you might blank out for the first 15 minutes like I did for English.

Goodluck to everyone with their exams.

Redbeard

HSC
Sorry i don't do any of these subjects. If anyone needs help with ancient history, modern history, legal studies, 3U or 4U Maths then i can help with these. In advanced english i did Frontline and Gwen Harwood for the modules if anyone requires help with either of these.

Also good luck to all of you who are yet to do their trials. You will be relieved when they are over, i definitely am.

Last edited:

blackhead

HSC
im sure no1 get the trials yet coz every skool in nsw will get the trials next term
ill get my trials week 5 or 6 not sure

Redbeard

HSC
Haven't you read any of the other posts. Many schools have had their trials, mine being one of them. If you need proof of that, i have my english paper 1 that we did.

Anonymous Koala

HSC
wot a loser he must live in some little box, and how could you not even know when ur trials are?

Mine are week 4 and 5 next term :mad1:

blackhead

HSC
my trialsr definitely on week 5 and 6 nest term . i said no1 gets the trials yet coz my tutor said there iz noskool conduct the trails be4 the last term, hes teaching at hiskool as well, i dun kno :confused: :confused: :confused: whoz iz right???????

Last edited:

Redbeard

HSC
I don't think he knows what every high school in the state does. I assure you that i have done my trials, as have other schools. Why would i lie about that.

Anyway, good luck to all, and remember if anyone needs any help for their trials, then i can help you.

kloudsurfer

HSC
blackhead said:
my trialsr definitely on week 5 and 6 nest term . i said no1 gets the trials yet coz my tutor said there iz noskool conduct the trails be4 the last term, hes teaching at hiskool as well, i dun kno :confused: :confused: :confused: whoz iz right???????
Yeah, ive had my trials too. (and i go to the same school as redbeard)

Obviously, your tutor does not know what he is talking about.

noobsgetowned

HSC
Redbeard said:
I don't think he knows what every high school in the state does. I assure you that i have done my trials, as have other schools. Why would i lie about that.

Anyway, good luck to all, and remember if anyone needs any help for their trials, then i can help you.
What subjects are you doing?

Would be helpful if you could tell what kinda questions came in your trials just like earlier 1 person did XD

anniea89

HSC
For those who have had their trials, have you already finished all of your courses?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
For the majority it would be safe to assume no. At least I know last year when I did my trials some subjects had yet to finish the entire course.

HSC
ive done my trials and no we havent finished our courses. we have like one more topic to do for each subject

Redbeard

HSC
No i haven't finished the course for any of my subjects. We are about to start the last topic in basically all.

The subjects that i do are advanced english, legal studies, ancient history, modern history, 3U and 4U maths. I also do 2U maths work though.

Hope i can help someone with any of these.

The questions that we had were basically what the questions in the hsc are like. All of my exams except for paper 2 in english were the length that the hsc exams are as well.

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
chousta said:
allo allo,

are you guys able to post your trials up?? our year seems to lack the most in the resource section.....no one seems to show it any love(including me....but i hvnt done my trials, and my school keeps all our past exams[extreme anger & outrage].

cheers
Hello.

Yeh, it's a shame that your school won't let you have any of their resources (past exams) to help you out. Either because they don't want their papers going everywhere or they choose to recycle questions.

Please see the resource section:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/resources.php

Alternatively, see my List of Websites post:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/2991515/post-139.html
(if you want exam papers for Chemistry, Physics, maths of all levels and Business Studies)

There's no way your colleagues here could post their papers up either because they're getting marked or they haven't sat for them yet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)