• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here

Who has had tutoring? (1 Viewer)

Tutoring?

• Yes

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • no.

Votes: 30 45.5%

• Total voters

darkroomgirl

HSC
fleepbasding said:
I've never had a tutor and still ended up with a reasonable UAI. It's very do-able with humanities subjects
I totally agree. Pretty much all of my subjects were humanities-based, and those kinds of subjects require good personal interpretations, rather than straightforward, formulaic answers. Areas like English and History Extension would be useless in tutoring... because there are a lot of topics and you'd want your notes and answers to be unique. After all, in the HSC, what stands out is what gets good marks.

In Maths and Chemistry... I reckon tutoring would be more useful. As someone else said, you'd have more time for questions and you could also go at your own pace.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
maths tutoring was a waste of money for me.
I did better in the subjects that I did the work myself.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a tutor for business studies- ironically the most expensive tutor I've ever had (she charged $30/hr) and it was the subject which only counted for 1 unit (instead of 2).

EDIT: Should add that she did pull my mark up from 70% to 88%... with only one and a half terms of tutoring. Pity it scaled down though.

frootloop

HSC
Nope!

I was way too stubborn to ask for help... not to mention I didn't want to do extra homework etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)