• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who has started writing? (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Good work ;)

Generally what I found (personally, I mean) was that I'd go through intensive do-a-lot phases... and other times I'd completely slack off. Everybody has a different method of working on EEX2 major works.. so don't worry if you haven't started, just worry if March comes around and you still don't have an idea. :)

Leap

free falling
HSC
I was up until 3am writing last night. It was really weird because up until then I'd barely strung a sentance together, but last night I was suddenly inspired and I coudn't stop writing.

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I have
I have
I have yay.

I'm more than halfway through my first draft and I'm absolutely rapped.
Its all comeing together exactly how I like it and the weird thing is that the character has come to life and is directing the story more than I am.

Its cool

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ive kinda started

I just need that little burst of inspiration cos I know what I wanna write I just need the motivation

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I'll be interested to see what you have done, Signor BookBoy ... when will you begin your propsal?

Ac

whisperer

Hi! I am new to this site- this is my first message.
I have already had to hand in my proposal so that's out of the way, and now I am mainly running my library card into the ground and testing the friendship with the librarians...
I am finding it very daunting hearing about the honour list from last year, and all the best major works... I have seen the standards package, but that didn't really have any exceptional works on it, some of them I couldn't believe they took a year to produce! It's a bit frightening not knowing what I'm up against. No-one at my school has ever done this course before, but I'm up for a challenge!:confused:

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
We met there whisperer,

You seem to live ... far-off(?) ... and stepping into untested waters. It will be an adventure no doubt. Welcome and good luck. Be sure that there are many doing 4enlgish this year, and the standards are very high. Anyone can type an 8000 word story in a week ... but this is a major work: the story must be perect in every way, and perfection (apparently) takes about 1 year to produce ...

Good luck. We're gonna need it!! :D

Ac

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well... i have TRIED to start writing numerous times, with varying degrees of success. i suppose it depends on my confidence level, at least, thats what i've discovered thus far. i'm writing a short story, and at times i think "yeah baby, this is like, so cool" and other times i'm like "ahh f#%k, this is the most boring, uninspired, unoriginal piece of garbage ever to pollute my microsoft word"
and the fact that our teacher made us hand our proposals in before the holidays, and i kinda just bullshitted on and have forgotten what she is expecting my story to ACTUALLY be about. :p

Leap

free falling
HSC
and the fact that our teacher made us hand our proposals in before the holidays, and i kinda just bullshitted on and have forgotten what she is expecting my story to ACTUALLY be about.
yeah my teacher was the same. My proposal was also a load of bullshit, and I still have no real idea of what I'm writing about. argh.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
is anyone actually going to do a short story? our teacher has been harping on about "exploring different mediums" and stuff like that, trying to encourage us to be original...
i would love to attempt a video. but i don't know how i'd handle the time restrictions... or finding unpaid actors willing to be put at my mercy.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I reckon stick with where your strengths lie. I did ext 2 purely for the creative writing. But I spose if you have units to play around with and it won't matter if you stuff up, you could have a go at something new.

whisperer

I am doing a short story- but I chose it because I thought an essay would be too restricted. I can't rewrite an essay for a whole year- I'll go crazy! But with my story, I can at least totally chuck out bits and redefine my direction as I see fit. Believe me- my proposal said absolutely nothing about what was going to be in my story because I handed it in before I had done much more than a very preliminary investigation! At least it gives me endless possibilities!!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
what you say your gunna do in your proposal doesn't really matter its just meant to show an understanding of the writing process and give an indication of the general direction and medium. I think they expect you to change to a certain degree, cos then what are you gunna have to say in your report/reflection

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i agree... tho i must say, im bloody sick of anything to do with CHANGE. my brain just kinda looks for additional material whether i want it to or not... has ruined many a Buffy episode for me! i think if i write a story i'm not gonna mention the word "change" once if i can help it!

the way to get unpaid actors is to go around to all the year 11 and 10 drama classes!! they love doing it cos they get a reference from u and bonus points with the teachers, and u get ppl who are really willing to try (amateur, admittedly, but still..) a whole lot of my friends ended up in one girl's video last year, and it was a v. interesting process to follow....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)