Who hasn't started studying yet/hasn't done much ??? (1 Viewer)

Sgs2006

HSC
N/A
I'd start very soon then lol, I did alot after trials and working pretty solidly atm. I just hate preparing for english because its so boring compare to science and maths lol

funny_bunny

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
well I haven't studied at all :eek:

I'm being serious. I only study for like one hour each day.
respect!

my UAI aim is 75, but i can settle for 65, so I don't have to do that much

but gotta start working hard sometime soon

poopoohead

HSC
how many hours should i be studying???

like if i wanted to get UAI 85+

cos some days ive done 5, others over 8. sunday i did like half an hour

i just really dont know???

Also, i tried making a time-table, but i never stick to it. Ive heard people say use ur school time-table, is that a good idea?

s2indie

HSC
i studied today. spent a good few hours at the library :D

passion89

HSC
poopoohead said:
how many hours should i be studying???

like if i wanted to get UAI 85+

cos some days ive done 5, others over 8. sunday i did like half an hour

i just really dont know???

Also, i tried making a time-table, but i never stick to it. Ive heard people say use ur school time-table, is that a good idea?

There's no point studying 15 hours a day if nothing you have revised is actually sticking. Study just enough so that if someone were to ask you a question on that topic you have just revised, you could answer it in detail.
If you find that studying 5 hours a day works for you, then don't change it.

Good luck to everyone with your studies!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im trying. i realllllly want to study. but im finding it hard to settle down and work solidly... like i cant get that 'im working' feeling going, it just feels like im reading a bunch of random shit. its kinda hard to know where to start... i think i have a fairly good grasp on everything as it is, but i cant seem to study effectively atm. maybe i should throw away my trial study notes - part of the problem is that i've got extensive notes written already so i cant see the point writing them again. ah well. i've made a list of what i have to do for every subject, and i'm going to start fresh tomorrow and do it systematically.
i was gonna start in earnest today, but there's nothing like spending five solid hours trying to completely debug/reboot/whatever a crashed computer to kill the study mood. seriously, if i see the words 'installation wizard' one more time... *threatening gestures* lol.

Jimai

Jimai
HSC
From my experience, the leading reason to why people cant study, is cause, they dont know how to study. Timetables work for some people yeah, but not many commit to it in the end.

So how do you do effective study?

Routine and goal is really important. Allocate how much study you think you wanna acheive per day, and check to see if you'll be able to finish everything on time/ before the exam. Always plan ahead =P

When it comes down to subjects, knowing HOW to study for them is really important.

Maths= Bought the book with past papers?.........DO IT!!! Practice is the only way for maths.....its like sport....you can perfect it with practice.

English= I personally didn't bother with Q1 Paper 1, back when i did it. It should be basic knowledge. I advice people to make a standard essay and memorise it (For each module).......Memorise and recall....write out the essay from head. So many people think they cant study for english........thats bull

Bio= I just followed and made notes from syllabus...i guess its the same for chem and physics

Any humunities.....same deal as sciences....follow syllabus and make detailed notes.....Geography, ppl mite neeed to revise maps and skills and how use scale etc.

Last edited:

Jimai

Jimai
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I don't know how to study for business studies :'(

for those who are doing business studies, how do you guys study for this subject?
*curious*

I dont have the business studies background.....but if you can get ur hands on the syllabus, then start making notes....fullfilling each dots point. Dont copy from text book, always notemake and paraphrase, so the stuff sinks in, cause u understand wat there talking about.

Now i believe there are calculations.......i think u should study those independently from the theory and content.

Once you've done the notemaking, read over them over and over again

funny_bunny

HSC
lol i have no idea how to study for ancient history, i don't know how i'm supposed to write essays 'weighing up the ancient evidence and analysing modern debate'

grrrrrrr

the_essence

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I don't know how to study for business studies :'(

for those who are doing business studies, how do you guys study for this subject?
*curious*
Well, basically Business is one topic u can ace w/o too much study. All u really need for business is a basic knowledge of the syllabus dot points, your case study (u can even make one up), and a few formulas for financial.

Ahh, i know, it's actually getting out of procrastination mode that is the problem with business, but once u get out, u'll realise it's not that hard really. Remember- basic syllabus points, case study and formulas.... there u are!

HSC
I've attempted to study, but haven't accomplished much
I get distracted so easily.

I'm almost done writing an essay for Modern which I did today, and I've done a few (by a few I mean like four altogether for 2U and 3U) maths past papers over the past couple of weeks.

Haven't touched English since the trials
I should probably work on that soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)