• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who hates right-wing (religious) conservatives? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Industrial Relations reform is needed however for our economy to remain robust... We simply can't continue to give such a good quality of life to australians in general & have a strong economy if we are to allow ourselves to be utterly beaten by the larger economies of the world.

Not just strikes, working hours, reliability, etc.

Jonathan A

HSC
Asquithian said:
Not as much as was made out by the Howard government. The Howard government suggesting that Industrial relations reform would make a difference to interest rates is an out and out lie.

Strikes cost so little that it is trivial...when the figures are added up.

Well thats your word for it. The truth is they are a cost which can be avoided. Little costs here and there build up.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Dude, is it just me or is this thread getting heated by the second? lol

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The economist magazine sure thinks howard is the better when it comes to the economy, this is in international magazine that was reviewing the australian election.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Political discussions always get heated.. the best thing is not to take it personal tho.. cuz well it isn't.

You have to look after employers, they are the backbone of our economy.. they are the ones making all the financial risk and usually fronting up all the capital in most small businesses.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course u have to look after the worker, but the fact is our workers aren't working hard enough (in a global context) and our employers are being attacked by law suits.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No, but currently it is going to extremes.
Small businesses have to take photo's of work sites to make sure they don't get sued, insurance premiums are through the roof, there are some really ridiculous cases happening.

Seriously of course businesses should be made to become safer places, but isn't it going a little too far?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
really? :O they used to be more common?

My dad has had to pay out compensation to workers.. i dunno in a company of around 55 probably 5-10 a year, from injuries etc... of course this makes him work harder to prevent work related injuries, but i still think it seems common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)