who hates study guides/notes (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I find study guides excellent in the sense that they are SUPPLEMENTARY - very useful when searching for quotes or a refresh.

But by themselves, they're not going to impart much more than a superficial level of understanding.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Essay guides are like referees: nobody likes them, but you can't play the world cup without one.

HSC
N/A
Not true, I didn't use a study guide for ANY of my english subjects and still ended up fine.

A good teacher and/or good academic support group (ie smart classmates lol) are better than a study guide... :)

HSC
N/A
silvermoon said:
dilemma still has a point, they are an option chosen by a lot of people. In the absence of a good teacher or smart friends (lol), a stud guide is the next best thing for most.
I'll agree that they're an option taken by many people (either out of choice or neccessity. :) And they can be very helpful :)

However my previous comment was responding to this -
P_Dilemma said:
Essay guides are like referees: nobody likes them, but you can't play the world cup without one.
I just wanted to make it known that you can in fact do well without a study guide :) (if you have other/better resources avaliable to you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)