who here has their own study guide books? (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
I was wondering if any of the year 12 students actually have their own study guide books for different subjects (e.g the excel type books), and whether it actually helps them out!:confused:

Coz I was thinking of buying the excel Studies of Religion and CAFSl study guide books

THNX

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I was wondering if any of the year 12 students actually have their own study guide books for different subjects (e.g the excel type books), and whether it actually helps them out!:confused:

Coz I was thinking of buying the excel Studies of Religion and CAFSl study guide books

THNX
yeah i have study guides for practically all my subjects and they do help. for studies of religion i suggest you get the macquaire textbook.

P

pLuvia

Only have it for japanese, chemistry and maths. Thinking of getting for english

wizard146

HSC
I'd actually suggest you get most of your notes from elsewhere- everyone in the state will have the study guides and it won't look impressive at all to the examiners when you just churn out all that stuff again.

Sure, if you want them for maths and science and that, get them, because you just need to know the stuff for those subjects- you don't need to be original. But for English, history, etc, I'd suggest not. It will always look better if you have original and thought out ideas.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I trust my school textbooks. I use maths studyguides for further practice.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I have the excel books for the sciences and maths, I don't use the science ones much mainly because I use other textbooks for reference, for maths the excel books are good for revision and reading, the examples are clearly explained. Of course having extra textbooks and resources helps you with more variety in your study, and you can refine you notes using these resources.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC
Now im definately going to buy several study guide books to help me out. But the thing is, i hardly have time to even look @ it! Like in year 10, I remember I bought this science school certificate textbook (worth about $30) and I hardly even looked at it lol

so how do you guyz find time to actually learn from those study books?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Now im definately going to buy several study guide books to help me out. But the thing is, i hardly have time to even look @ it! Like in year 10, I remember I bought this science school certificate textbook (worth about $30) and I hardly even looked at it lol

so how do you guyz find time to actually learn from those study books?
i use a majority of my textbooks for reference and when im writing up notes. i have spent nearly $350 (well parent's money lol) on textbooks including student answers and question booklets which i find very handy. it's not that much considering that some of these books cost around $50.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
get the learn/revise studies of religion in a month guide books, they're REALLY good....i think its excel who publish them

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
my advice for english: don't be stingy with the study guides. If they have anything useful buy/borrow them (since there isn't much info on english anyway)

for other subjects buy the macquarie guides -very very useful

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
omar273 said:
my advice for english: don't be stingy with the study guides. If they have anything useful buy/borrow them (since there isn't much info on english anyway)

for other subjects buy the macquarie guides -very very useful
There is heaps of information on both Advanced and Standard English and the texts studied in each. All the information you require just might not be in the same study guide but its out there in individual guides for texts and on the internet just have to know how to look. ;)

P

pLuvia

I can just borrow them from school, really convinient. Well I think most schools have them

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yeah same here pLuvia, most of the study guides excel and others are available for borrow in either the library or study centre.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I have the Chem Revise in a Month, but no others. I usually use my textbook, my teacher, and HSC Online for theory work.

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I saw those "revise subject in a month" books at the store, didn't get them because the books are designed for people that are cramming in the last few weeks and the points are very concise. You should get more comprehensive study guides/textbooks like Macquarie.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
if you want to save money buy some off ex-students in the Buy/Sell forum. I did and have already saved around $300-400 lol and the books are in perfect condition

xx__savannah

HSC
I've just got the Excel HSC Chemistry one from last year -- I only bought it because I knew I'd repeat and it'd be worth it. Just this afternoon I bought the pocket Chem book, because I know most of the things, I just need to be reminded by certain words or phrases before I can remember the whole dot point.

Does anyone know if they have a Revise in a Month Economics? I don't think they do.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC
Does anyone know if they have a Revise in a Month Economics? I don't think they do.[/quote]

yeah same here. This weekend im planning on buying the macquarie study guide books for all my subjects, since most people said that its very useful. Im also planning on getting a tutor for SOR 2 , Legals and Maths (but still havent found one yet lol). And yeah im sure they sell the economic revise in a month books.

volition

arr.
HSC
If you don't want to spend money, you can find a lot of these books at libraries and use them for free

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)