• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who here HATES water? (1 Viewer)

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
jemsta said:
22L is way far too much. sure youre not exaggerating?
i rarely ever drink water at school, not because i dont hate it....its just coz i couldnt be bothered.
nowadays i carry at least 500mL bottle of water with me to uni a day...ahh gotta be healthier now.
Nope. As far as I can recall I drank around 9-11 full 2L jugs over about 16 hours.
I was started to feel rather... Spaced out at the end though. In theory it sounds like I should have had major problems but I didn't. :confused:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
poWerdrY said:
i can last ages without drinking, and i never get dehydrated. tbh, im not sure i really know how being dehydrated feels :confused:
most people wouldnt, but trust me - it's really shit!
i know it'll probably sound weird coming out of the mouth of someone who appears to drink a tonne of water, but i have basically blacked out for a short period of time, a number of times, due to dehydration. and it's shit because you get these bad feelings that you have absolutely no control over - things like headaches, not being able to see properly (anyone who's had little opaque swirly lines in front of their eyes - its like that, but all over) and/or mini blackouts, overly hot or cold (especially if you've just had a shower), like you're going to puke, and probably some others that i can't think of right now.
i carry at least a 600ml bottle of water (often a 1.25L) with me pretty much everywhere i go, but that doesnt stop me from getting lazy and not filling up/drinking it often.
scarybunny said:
it's just water. it has no flavour or texture or anything that could be grounds for disliking it.
people who've been brought up on things like cordials or soft drinks would probably dislike water because it has absolutely no taste, and they're used to drinking sweeter things.

mishy-mushu

HSC
chicky_pie said:
i knew someone who NEVER drinks water, only things that would add some flavour to the water, like cordial or something, soda drinks etc. But never water by itself!! Milk yeah but that person NEVER drank water.

Is that wrong or what? i think we need water, i mean i dont want my piss to be orange. So who here hates water?

MMMMM... water is boring but it is essential. It does make you feel good when you drink it but it is kinda boring. But i love how it makes you feel.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
chicky_pie said:
i knew someone who NEVER drinks water, only things that would add some flavour to the water, like cordial or something, soda drinks etc. But never water by itself!! Milk yeah but that person NEVER drank water.
Describes me precisely. Don't know why, i've just never liked the stuff on its own.

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
i always drink heaps of water if if im at a party/ everytime i get drunk. apparently its sposed to stop you from getting hungover but tbh i dont think it really works. i just do it now out of habit really.
i still always feel heaps shit in the morning.

joa.nst.ar

likes fluffy things
HSC
nothing. i love milk... :D
just not when im hungover lol
or in the car for that matter, it makes me feel ill. maybe i just have a weak stomach :(

SimonCrean

not actually simon crean
HSC
N/A
It's to do with your children being spoilt. They want sweet things so their parents spoil them by adding sugar to water (Cordial) or god forbid coke.

Then there is the usually fat women you see at Coles buying huge slabs of coke as a substitute for drinking water for their family. Those kinds of people should be monitored by DOCS.

Water is one of the best things for clearing your system. It even makes you feel better.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
joa.nst.ar said:
i always drink heaps of water if if im at a party/ everytime i get drunk. apparently its sposed to stop you from getting hungover but tbh i dont think it really works. i just do it now out of habit really.
i still always feel heaps shit in the morning.
most people do 1 for 1, my cousin and her friends do 2 for 1 (ie. double the water)...i dont think it's a matter of making yourself queasy with too much water when you go out, it's more the limiting amount of alcohol you consume that affects how you feel in the morning.
does that help?
id think the milk and stuff vould be a bit sickening...
its not the milk that's sickening (it usually helps when you're queasy). the coffee (with or without milk) dehydrates you...so despite the fact that caffiene perks you up, it wont do much to get rid of your hangover - you might be more awake, but you'll probably still have that headache and seedy feeling.
SimonCrean said:
It's to do with your children being spoilt. They want sweet things so their parents spoil them by adding sugar to water (Cordial) or god forbid coke.

Then there is the usually fat women you see at Coles buying huge slabs of coke as a substitute for drinking water for their family. Those kinds of people should be monitored by DOCS.

Water is one of the best things for clearing your system. It even makes you feel better.
i agree with pretty much everything you said there...but i dont think cordial and coke are given to children to spoil them, i think it's (moreso in the case of cordial) just given as a substitute for water - as a kid i pretty much only ever drank apple juice, my brother pretty much only ever drank lime cordial; once we came off them we lost so much weight because of all the sugar that we WEREN'T having everyday

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Mabs said:
What's wrong with milk?
everything, don't get me started. actually i just dislike dairy as a general food group...but milk is the worst.

how can anyone hate water though? i understand how it might be boring to some people...but it's not like it's hard to drink? it's so tasteless and, like, just nothing. you shoudn't even notice anything when you drink it.

besides like it or lump it you need it to live so drink up.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Billy Corgan said:
what a fucked up thread. if you hate water, i hope go and die from dehydration.

what a fucked up reply, i wanna see who hates water here, i've come across alot of people who dislike water, they would add sugar :confused: to make water more tasteful for them or cordial etc

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol. Yeah, soft drinks are cool, most prefferably, Pepsi Max. But I still prefer water over soft drinks. :uhhuh:

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
Mabs said:
Hehe milk > water :D

I only drink water in the summer when I have to sit in the unconditioned study. Last summer one day I drank far too much, I think it was 22L of water. Although once I get started in the summer I just drink because I have water.
i think they had it on the news .. somone drank 7L and they died :S

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
simplistic said:
i think they had it on the news .. somone drank 7L and they died :S
That's... WTF? Well.. Whatever, I've drunk far more than that I can say for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)