WHO HERE is a SINGER or IN A BAND??? (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I play guitar. Im not good enough to be in a band though, nor do i really want to be at this stage in my life.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Not in a band/musical ensemble. Though I've had the privilege of working with groups such as the Greenway Quartet, NEXAS and the Sydney Eclectic Chamber Orchestra.

I'd like to start a vocal group, sort of like Amici Forever, except less pop-orientated, and more skill-orientated. I used to Love singing when I was in high school.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Jase said:
I'm in a two man band called "The Two Man Band" okay.. I lie.

I'd rather be in a band with all my friends rather than with accomplished musicians. Music is fun, and music with your friends is even more fun, even if they can't play instruments....

Yeah I'm one of those 'singers' who put themselves into a false net of security and convince themselves that they sing like Jesus. You know.. like those crazy people who audition for idol, and have honest expectations of becoming idol with their tone-deaf singing.
But i need a guitar or piano to keep me in tune..
hahaha
i wanna go on idol! meet you next year :D

Johnno_Tez

I play guitar/lead guitar in a band with 3 of my best mates, who are all coincidently pretty talented guys. Done a few gigs but fucking school constantly got in the way. We've got about 8 or so originals and a cover catalogue of about 15-20.

http://thevolts.tripod.com ;)

.:b-me:.

memories consume
i'm a singer. but i want a band. been doing choral stuff since forever, and did contemporary for about a year and a half.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
bump-

me....i also play guitar

band yet to be named any suggestions?

we are sort of indie rock, with indie/punk/heavy rock influences

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
baha... i was in 2 bands actually... not concurrently, mind you.... they were just for fun really... as if we'd ever get a gig! The first one, we couldn't decide what our name should be... we went through 'M.E.S.Y', 'M.E.S.I' (we changed one of our group members)"the violent pettals', 'wishful angels' and unfortunately somebody suggested 'satanic angels"... I got out of that one thank goodness. The others fancied themselves as die hard rock chicks i think. The otrher one was just me and my best friend, writing songs with piano and guitar That one was S2CL (also from our names)... and thats why I have a mssive collection of lyrics that I've written.(see music forum)...most of which are pure crap... but hey... I am a moderately good piano player, she was a much better singer..... we can dream can't we?

so now I have 60 songs that are just going to sit in my shelf rotting until somebody discovers them 2000 years from now when my house is being dug up in an archeological dig

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is just some elaborate scheme to hook up with someone in a band :)

A

adamsaclown

llamalope said:
baha... i was in 2 bands actually... not concurrently, mind you.... they were just for fun really... as if we'd ever get a gig! The first one, we couldn't decide what our name should be... we went through 'M.E.S.Y', 'M.E.S.I' (we changed one of our group members)"the violent pettals', 'wishful angels' and unfortunately somebody suggested 'satanic angels"... I got out of that one thank goodness. The others fancied themselves as die hard rock chicks i think. The otrher one was just me and my best friend, writing songs with piano and guitar That one was S2CL (also from our names)... and thats why I have a mssive collection of lyrics that I've written.(see music forum)...most of which are pure crap... but hey... I am a moderately good piano player, she was a much better singer..... we can dream can't we?

so now I have 60 songs that are just going to sit in my shelf rotting until somebody discovers them 2000 years from now when my house is being dug up in an archeological dig

haha are you serious?? so can you sing/play the guitar?

A few friends and I had a band as well through high school, but it was really disorganised and different people came in and went out, and i originally played the guitar in it but then we lost our drummer and it kind of sucked, so i started playing the drums and i love it, but now we don't have a guitarist. Or a singer. We parted with her for... err, personal reasons... so now its just the original core of me and my two friends (a bass player and a keyboard player).

I wrote all the music for our songs... and our singer came up with her part and the lyrics, which is something i can't do for shit. Its fun getting songs and adding instruments and making them complete.

Have we met?? I think we're doing the same degree (i messaged you once under my other account, 'dprs' about the sci/com degree)... haha... you weren't in the group that came up with the "000" idea for the party mind-mapping thing in the Science Transition workshop, were you??

EDIT: oh wait, so your friend sang/played the guitar, and you played the piano?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike iE

HSC
I was once in a rock band, Indecent Exposure. We had mild success around the local scene, played a few festivals etc. i think www.mp3.com.au/indecentexposure still has songs on it.
Anyway the drummer and i left, and the other 2 went on to for Nixin. www.nixin.com.au, they have their CD launch this Thursday 17th, at the Marquee in Glebe (plug plug). They are pretty awesome and will be getting airplay soon

A

adamsaclown

was it a ska band?

oh wait, you said it was rock

do you like the Mighty Mighty Bosstones? Rascal King is a mad song.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i'm starting a psych/noise/electronic/folk band with my friend
we're called Cunt Punching Faggots
watch out for us

ChrisE

HSC
im in a two piece band with acoustic guitar, bass and some light keys called touch n go. our subject matter is anything but serious with some light hearted tracks and some comedy songs. the songs are as catchy as anything and we have a ball doing it.
in the past ive been in a 'heavy punk' band lol lasted 2 rehearsals, an indie rock band and played in the school band.

HSC
My friends and I are making a band after the HSC, I was thinking maybe cowboy nouveau as the name, but it seems to gain negative responses. Just as long as the word cowboy is in the title I'm happy

adsta

HSC
I was in a band during highschool. Played a few gigs here and there. We were an instrumental band. We wrote some songs and did some covers. After highschool we went our seperate ways (different taste in music). Since then I've concentrated on uni, but plan getting a band together after I graduate this year:)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Well, if there are any bands out there, or considering starting one, is anybody looking for a lead singer in a band who can also play guitar?
*wink wink*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)