WHO HERE is intending to have a job and STILL HAS NO JOB??? (1 Viewer)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
The thing with Colesmyer is the more you want them to ring they won't ring but if you just forget it they ring.

If i could i would give my job at coles to somebody who needed but damn company doesn't have a job sharing policy.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well i wanted to apply for a job at woolies now.....but i can work now from like 7am to 5pm....however when uni starts will they kindly alter my working hours or will they kick me out?.........should i just wait until uni starts b4 i apply or do they take into account that im sitting on my ass now bored outta my mind waiting for uni to start......and i need a job to keep me sane

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
They won't kick you out. You might have an arguement with the manager about changing from full time to part time but that's more economic than firing you because you can't work 24/7. Woolies is big enough to get hire someone full-time to compensate for your reduced hours.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
apply now because chances are you won't get through until uni starts. if you do i'm sure they'd refer that you can work full time for some of the time as it makes it easier for them

HSC
no experience

well i've had heaps of interviews and it always seems because i wanted to concentrate on school i don't have any experience which then means people with experience get the job over me :( without a job you can't get experience so what is the problem. But i also know that i'm shy at times so that could affect it. But i really need a job why is the world of work so slack!

G

Gavvvvvin

jellybean_girl said:
well i've had heaps of interviews and it always seems because i wanted to concentrate on school i don't have any experience which then means people with experience get the job over me :( without a job you can't get experience so what is the problem. But i also know that i'm shy at times so that could affect it. But i really need a job why is the world of work so slack!
I have the some problem...just because I havent flipped burgers at McDonalds it seems no one wants to know you :(

mitch_07

HSC
me ... i need a job badly ... i'm so bored
i have applied to so many places i have lost count. Of all times of da year christmas is da busiest period and shops are understaff da point i dont get then is y dont they hire me especially since i have 3 years experience.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Employers of decent jobs look for 3 things: experience, qualifications, and personality. School-leavers lack the first two, so we can only go for Kmart/Coles/Woolies jobs, and if you're lucky a Retail Sales job.
A person also needs to be in the right place at the right time with the right contacts. I was approached to do web design for a company @$25 an hour when I was in year 11 and landed a bigger contract in Year 12 all through word of mouth. The dot com boom era was great, too bad it's an over supplied industry at the moment.

Plenty of school leavers get apprenticeships and traineeships it might just be that you do not want to become a mechanic/bricklayer/plumber/electrician//builder but those jobs are around, we are facing a skills shortage in the nation, it's up to you if you want to jump on the bandwagon or not. There is no IT skills shortage, there is no digital media skills shortage (unless you head into the bush) so if you choose that as a career you will face a very competitive environment. You might find that after your degree no one will hire you because everyone else in the marketplace has a Masters and 10 years experience by that stage.

Have you considered self employment? :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Ive got no experience but am waiting because i have a job in line for me being a trainee supervisor and cash counter but i have to wait for the person that currently has the job to find a new job and quit.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
how will students self employ themselves?
students also can't get traineeships or apprentiships

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
man today i foned up sum place to ask 4 a job and they asked me for my job seeker id. Not knowing what it was he told me to go to centrelink to get 1! This morning i went by centrelink.

God dammit this whole thing of finding a job and not getting 1 is pissing me off

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
how will students self employ themselves?
It's usually only for those that can figure out how to do it themselves :) Almost half the people I hung out with at uni had some idea on how to make some legal money and we're doing various things to make money one way or another. Just because you are a student doesn't mean you can not exercise your entrepreneurial spirit, in fact it makes you even more aware of how to control your various costs because you have no money and lots of expenses already. If you don't have any ideas on how to make money to begin with well that's another thing altogether.

iambored said:
students also can't get traineeships or apprentiships
A trainee or apprentice IS a student, you can not be a trainee/apprentice without being a student. They learn while they are gaining work experience. Whether you will find a traineeship if you are doing a Bachelor of SomethingNoOneUsuallyOffersTraineeshipsIn is something else entirely.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
LeftrightOut said:
It's usually only for those that can figure out how to do it themselves :)

Whether you will find a traineeship if you are doing a Bachelor of SomethingNoOneUsuallyOffersTraineeshipsIn is something else entirely.
both are therefore not for me :)

jellybeenz

HSC
I have no job... <cries> I handed out resumes yet nobody wants me... I'm going crazy, sitting at home all day while all my friends are at work...

KwIcKsAnDz

HSC
i really want the soical interaction that having a job will entail

i think it will make me a better person, more outgoing and a lil richer to boot

being unemployed sux

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
im not even sure im employed lol.. i have the uniform atm but i got that coz i tried working there for 2hrs to see if i like it there after the interview (not paid that is) .. now im waiting for a reply from em on when im actually working or not

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i fucking hate that "hiring" ppl for training periods where they dont get paid- u say anything and theyre like oh we r not interested at this moment in hiring

but felt like some free slave labour for a couple of hrs durinf rush hr this week

pricks

mack

Banned
HSC
I'm intending on a job, but its the looking for one and the actual working which bother me. I'm just too damn lazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)