Who is doing a Science-related course @ UNSW next year? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Who is considering of doing a Science-related course @ UNSW next year?

HSC
i want to, but still unsure on which one...I'll prolly end up doing a bachelor of science :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'll be doing a Bachelor of Advanced Science majoring in Pure Mathematics in 2006.

Might also major in another science.

psych_girl

HSC
anyone doin Moleular Biology and Gene at UNSW?

Pure Math is good, but nothing useful...................I mean for finding a job, applied math is bit better, but for fun, Pure is the best...........I wanna do Moleular Biology and Genetics (b Science) @ UNSW next year.....................
Plus: who knows in the first year of science, what particular subjects do we have to do? anything relate to physics and computer? Coz i hate them......especially computer science...............

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
First year for Molecular Biology and Genetics, you'd do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and an elective, which can be pretty much anything

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I was thinking of doing a Bachelor of Advanced Science next year majoring in Pure Maths and Physics maybe, but like you said, I really have no idea what kinds of jobs are available. One more exam left and I still don't know what I want to do at uni....

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
mmm, i wudnt mind doing B science .. with sum physics and some comp stuff ... or just B science (comp sci) ... but i really dunno what kinda uai im gunna get so yeah :p

Glaciana

HSC
N/A
Im continuing doing my current degree. B Science (Biological Science) /Arts (Psychology)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
hey survivor can u read my 'medical science' thread and reply:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=45410

(since u do medical science :p)
It really depends on your interest. If you like science, then you would probably like Medical science because B Med science is similar to B science with a more strict plan that leads you to a career in biomedical research.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I was thinking of doing a Bachelor of Advanced Science next year majoring in Pure Maths and Physics maybe, but like you said, I really have no idea what kinds of jobs are available. One more exam left and I still don't know what I want to do at uni....
Sounds very interesting. UNSW has MILLIONS of maths subjects in which you can choose from!!!! :O And at different levels too (Advanced level or normal).

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

In terms of employment opportunity, don't worry, if you can't find a job, the uni will employ you as one of the tutor in lower year classes. hahahaha.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
psych_girl said:
Pure Math is good, but nothing useful...................I mean for finding a job, applied math is bit better, but for fun, Pure is the best...........I wanna do Moleular Biology and Genetics (b Science) @ UNSW next year.....................
Plus: who knows in the first year of science, what particular subjects do we have to do? anything relate to physics and computer? Coz i hate them......especially computer science...............
First year:
2 Biology subjects
2 Chemitry subjects
1 Maths subjects
3 Any subjects including maths, safety science, philosophy, geology, environmetal science...

Second Year:
2 Biochemistry subjects
1 genetics subjects
Choose from Microbiology, anatomy, physiology and more.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
oh and just to let the future science students know, better get a job after your hsc exams. lol
Science texts book are expensive. >.<
e.g Chem cost about $200+
but then again, you can always buy second hand books

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
oh and just to let the future science students know, better get a job after your hsc exams. lol
Science texts book are expensive. >.<
e.g Chem cost about $200+
but then again, you can always buy second hand books
math textbooks are much cheaper by comparison...so do maths@UNSW

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
chem doesn't cost 200 bucks for first year

silbeberg: $90
SI data book: $30
course pack=2X$12=$24

shannonm

HSC
N/A
or you could leech a copy of silberberg from the library and renew for the whole session

psych_girl

HSC
Survivor39 said:
First year:
2 Biology subjects
2 Chemitry subjects
1 Maths subjects
3 Any subjects including maths, safety science, philosophy, geology, environmetal science...

Second Year:
2 Biochemistry subjects
1 genetics subjects
Choose from Microbiology, anatomy, physiology and more.
So can i choose math subjects as much as i can...Coz i like math but as i said before, for majoring in math....I have no idea...... But for Biological field.....what kinds of math can i choose? Beacuse too many math subjects can lend my GPA higher than any other subs. Im sure.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)